Updating CB 1.9.1 to 4.0.12 and CBSubs 3.0.0 to 4.1.0

7 years 9 months ago #283856 by krileon
Your install was out of date. I've updated CB, CBSubs, CB Auto Actions (equal to condition migration has been fixed), CB Conditional, and CB AntiSpam. It's working perfectly fine now. As for the cancel link it's directly next to the payment buttons when viewing the basket.

If a plugin version shows as red in CB > Plugin Management it is out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
7 years 9 months ago #283864 by poml
Thanks for checking. Will test asap.

What did you do? Did you install the last nightlies? Or did I miss some releases? I asked that in a previous post: do you in general recommend to install the last nightlies? I think I had some stable-not-last-nightly versions installed.
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283870 by poml
More comments:

I agree, the issue with the CB menu item to CBSubs show plans went away. Thanks.

However, please check again the following steps, the issue is still there:
Log out.
Go to Join us (to left).
Select Regular membership.
Put in some address and details.
Submit.
Select "offline" as payment option.
Confirm.
You will see: "A payment invoice exists already: Please check below if it is correct. If not correct, click on the cancel link below, and select your choice again."
I think this is out of place, no basket cancelled, because it is a new user.

Also, on the frontend, being logged in, checking for "Current subscription upgrade possibilities:" I still do not see all the plans. I do see them as admin in the backend, but not in the frontend.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong for these two issues?

Two more items, please, if you allow:
About the time zone issue again: If I understand you correctly, in the DB everything is saved in UTC. Now, CBSubs 3 did not handle the DST change correctly (server time changed by one hour). Is this resolved now?

In CBSubs 3 I could use some code like
$option = $app->input->get('option');
$task = $app->input->get('task');
if($option == 'com_comprofiler' && in_array($task, array('registers', 'saveregisters')))
I have the impression something has changed about the $task. Is that correct? Sometimes this is empty now and I cannot use it anymore. Do you have any information about this?
At least the "saveregisters" was not returned as $task, I had to use JString::strpos($current_url, 'saveregisters')...
7 years 9 months ago #283877 by krileon

What did you do? Did you install the last nightlies? Or did I miss some releases? I asked that in a previous post: do you in general recommend to install the last nightlies? I think I had some stable-not-last-nightly versions installed.

Installed the latest builds (nightly). If the plugin version is red in CB > Plugin Management then it is out of date.

You will see: "A payment invoice exists already: Please check below if it is correct. If not correct, click on the cancel link below, and select your choice again."
I think this is out of place, no basket cancelled, because it is a new user.

Works perfectly fine using CBs normal registration (clicking "Join EMAS!"). If you're having issues with your custom implementation I can not help you, sorry. We do not support registrations outside of CB.

Also, on the frontend, being logged in, checking for "Current subscription upgrade possibilities:" I still do not see all the plans. I do see them as admin in the backend, but not in the frontend.

You've several plans set to very specific usergroups. The plans that are set to Public I'm seeing perfectly fine. The exception being "Group Membership for up to 10 people" as it's configured to not allow updates and "Addon: Microscopy and Microanalysis" as it has a condition to only allow upgrade if 1 of the other plans is active. So your plans are displaying as expected. Review your plan configuration carefully.

About the time zone issue again: If I understand you correctly, in the DB everything is saved in UTC. Now, CBSubs 3 did not handle the DST change correctly (server time changed by one hour). Is this resolved now?

Yes, the date calculations are fixed now since all calculations are done in UTC.

I have the impression something has changed about the $task. Is that correct? Sometimes this is empty now and I cannot use it anymore. Do you have any information about this?

Task is gone. It was Mambo/Joomla 1.0/Joomla 1.5. Since Joomla 1.6 they've switched to "view". With CB 2.0 we now use view, but task is still parsed in CBs endpoints, but for your API usage you need to grab view and not task.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283885 by poml
Thanks for clarifying the time, the task/view, and the nightly packages!

However, I still have problems with the other two items. Something you are doing in a different way than me and something I might not understand:

Works perfectly fine using CBs normal registration (clicking "Join EMAS!"). If you're having issues with your custom implementation I can not help you, sorry. We do not support registrations outside of CB.

Not for me. Did you follow my steps to the end and also clicked on "Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display your invoice to print/save."?
Only after that the message appears. And yes, I am talking about "CBs normal registration (clicking "Join EMAS!")".
If it does not work I can send you a video of my screen.
EDIT: I see your test baskets are still "Not initiated", so you did not follow my steps to the end!

You've several plans set to very specific usergroups. The plans that are set to Public I'm seeing perfectly fine. The exception being "Group Membership for up to 10 people" as it's configured to not allow updates and "Addon: Microscopy and Microanalysis" as it has a condition to only allow upgrade if 1 of the other plans is active. So your plans are displaying as expected. Review your plan configuration carefully.

So, for example, I set the plan "emas2015-workshop-nonmember_2years" to "Public". But it is still not showing. Why? I do not understand why!
7 years 9 months ago #283902 by krileon

Not for me. Did you follow my steps to the end and also clicked on "Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display your invoice to print/save."?
Only after that the message appears. And yes, I am talking about "CBs normal registration (clicking "Join EMAS!")".
If it does not work I can send you a video of my screen.
EDIT: I see your test baskets are still "Not initiated", so you did not follow my steps to the end!

Ah, guess I misunderstood your steps. Was able to see the issue on your site, but am unable to confirm locally. Not sure why the basket is trying to create again, which is why that's being thrown. Have let Beat know as he better maybe able to understand how that could be happening.

So, for example, I set the plan "emas2015-workshop-nonmember_2years" to "Public". But it is still not showing. Why? I do not understand why!

Because you have it configured to only show if accessed by a URL under the Workflows tab with the "Propose spontaneously plan for upgrades" parameter. Again, review your configuration carefully. It is set to No and that is not the default so you would've had to of configured this intentionally.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: poml
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn