Updating CB 1.9.1 to 4.0.12 and CBSubs 3.0.0 to 4.1.0

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283516 by poml
And another question:

I am trying to purchase a plan. I get to the page where I can choose the payment options, in my case here PayPal and offline (bank transfer).

I select offline. Normally under CBSubs 3.0.0 the next page was a page where I had to confirm that I wanted to pay offline.

However, now what I see is the user sign up/registration page. Why? Interestingly the link in the browser bar seems not bad:
https://XXXXXXXX/registration/pluginclass?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=2&cbpbasket=1531&result=showinstructions&cbpid=cbp577e19b4807be078730105

But all I see is the "Join us" page.

EDIT: Then, when I try again and hit the PayPal button, It seems I get transerred to PayPal correctly. However, if there I hit the cancel and return to webpage button, again I do not end up in my basket (as in CBSubs 3.0.0) but I again see the registration page (Join us!).
The link in the browser bar is this time
https://XXXXX/registration/pluginclass?plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=1&cbppdtback=XXXXXXXXX&cbpbasket=1532&result=cancel&cbpid=XXXXXXX&token=XXXXXXXXX
The topic has been locked.
7 years 10 months ago #283519 by krileon

Under CBSubs 4.1 this behaviour seems to have changed? Why?

That API has not changed. You likely have a configuration issue in your plans preventing their display of CBSubs isn't properly loaded wherever you're doing that preventing the API from working.

However, now what I see is the user sign up/registration page. Why? Interestingly the link in the browser bar seems not bad:

Edit your Joomla menu items to CB and fix their menutype. CB 1.x did not create proper internal menu items. So you need to manually correct them now that CB can properly create menu items.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
7 years 10 months ago #283532 by poml
Thanks for your help, but I am not sure how to use or understand it.

I rechecked my plans and the CBsubs configuration, everything seems fine. If the api has not changed, I wonder why things stopped working. The live site just runs fine under CBsubs 3.0.0.

Could you point me into a direction what to look for?

Same for the redirection to the registration page. I don't see how the menu items are involved, since I get to the basket and payment options. I noticed that something had changed for the menu items and did correct that, but how is it involved with my problem?

Could you explain a bit more or give a hint?

Thanks!
7 years 10 months ago #283552 by krileon

I rechecked my plans and the CBsubs configuration, everything seems fine. If the api has not changed, I wonder why things stopped working. The live site just runs fine under CBsubs 3.0.0.

Could you point me into a direction what to look for?

Are your plans visible on registration or the below page?

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with that API and where?

Same for the redirection to the registration page. I don't see how the menu items are involved, since I get to the basket and payment options. I noticed that something had changed for the menu items and did correct that, but how is it involved with my problem?

Could you explain a bit more or give a hint?

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but has to do with how Joomla handles routing and Itemid. You'll need to navigate to backend Joomla menu management then edit your Joomla menu items that go to CB (profile, registration, etc..) and change their Menu Type to proper types (they'll be empty or be unrelated to what the URL is if bugged).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283653 by poml
Hi Kyle,

thanks for the reply.

Are your plans visible on registration

CBSubs 3.0.0: The plans are visible according to the Joomla access level.
CBSubs 4.1.0: All plans are visible, ACL is not taken into account.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans

Same as above:
CBSubs 3.0.0: The plans are visible according to the Joomla access level.
CBSubs 4.1.0: All plans are visible, ACL is not taken into account.

What am I trying to do? I have some code here that is displaying merchandise plans from CBSubs in a RSForm and it should display only those plans the user has ACL rights for. That was working fine under CBSubs 3.0.0 -- only those plans were returned in the API for that the user has the right permissions, now with CBSubs 4.1.0 just ALL plans are returned.

Is there an option for the API to accomplish this with CBSubs 4.1.0, i.e., displaying plans taking into account ACL?

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but has to do with how Joomla handles routing and Itemid. You'll need to navigate to backend Joomla menu management then edit your Joomla menu items that go to CB (profile, registration, etc..) and change their Menu Type to proper types (they'll be empty or be unrelated to what the URL is if bugged).

I have to look deeper into this.

Where can I find documentation on the CBSubs API?
7 years 10 months ago #283663 by krileon

Is there an option for the API to accomplish this with CBSubs 4.1.0, i.e., displaying plans taking into account ACL?

The most simple solution is to just display the Subscriptions tab. You can display tabs with substitutions as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18354-substituting-tabs-as-fields

Or with API as shown below.
CBuser::getMyInstance()->getTab( TAB_ID )

Otherwise the exact code the tab is using to output plans is as follows.
$paidsubsManager		=	cbpaidSubscriptionsMgr::getInstance();

$paidsubsManager->checkExpireMe( __FUNCTION__ );

$tabController			=	new cbpaidControllerCBTab();

return $tabController->displaySubscriptionsAndInvoicesLink( $user, $htmlTabDescription );

Where can I find documentation on the CBSubs API?

There is none at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn