Updating CB 1.9.1 to 4.0.12 and CBSubs 3.0.0 to 4.1.0

7 years 10 months ago #283447 by krileon

EDIT: Ok, no it is clear. The two plugins for CBSubs I am talking about are custom code. They are not made by joomlapolis. this is my fault, I did not know and just found out. Sorry for that. However, maybe they are useful to you? Maybe you could integrate the code into CBSubs.

CB Auto Actions completely covers that usecase without needing to make and maintain another plugin. See the above initial CB Auto Actions configuration as it will allow you to fire any action you want on the substitution state; including the Usergroups action.

If you still allow me one question: These two plugins were programmed for 3.0.0. Do you have any tipps for me on how to port them? I mean, could I just check if they are still running ok, and if everything is ok, then just use them? Maybe I would need to somehow tell CBsubs they are compatible with it... I guess I can figure out how to do that.

No idea, we didn't write the plugins you're using so I've no clue if it was coded properly. You'll need to contact the developer or review and compare against existing plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
7 years 10 months ago #283461 by poml
Ok, I agree it might be better to use Autoactions for this purpose. Just one question: with the custom integration plugin I was able to do the following:
A user buys a merchandise plan. This merchandise includes 2 years of free membership. This means, when the merchandise was purchased, another plan was activated twice (1+1 year).
Is this solvable with Autoactions? I see how it would work for 1 year, can it also work for 1+1 year?
7 years 10 months ago #283487 by krileon

A user buys a merchandise plan. This merchandise includes 2 years of free membership. This means, when the merchandise was purchased, another plan was activated twice (1+1 year).
Is this solvable with Autoactions? I see how it would work for 1 year, can it also work for 1+1 year?

Yes, CB Auto Actions includes a CB Paid Subscriptions action. You'd first subscribe them then renew them for a double duration or have a separate plan with 2 year duration and subscribe them to that (I recommend this approach).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
7 years 10 months ago #283493 by poml
Ok, I will check the auto action and maybe uninstall the other two plugins.

Question: What happened to the two plugins:
CB Ajax Text Field
DB Lookup field
They don't exist anymore?
7 years 10 months ago #283497 by krileon

CB Ajax Text Field

Replace by CB Core Fields Ajax, which can ajax edit any fieldtype.

DB Lookup field

Replaced by CB Query Field, which provides significantly more query field functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
7 years 10 months ago #283515 by poml
Another problem:

Under CBSubs 3.0.0 I used this code
$getcbpaidsubscriptionsTab = new getcbpaidsubscriptionsTab();
$subscriptionsGUI = new cbpaidControllerUI();
$plans = $subscriptionsGUI->getShowRegistrationPlans($user, 'Subscriptions', 'U');

to get a list of all my plans. Plan display access level settings were taken into account and only those plans were returned, the user had access to. Worked like a charm.

Under CBSubs 4.1 this behaviour seems to have changed? Why?

How can I get only those plans a user has access to?
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn