Stripe ACH

5 years 5 months ago #308125 by wjgadmin
Stripe ACH was created by wjgadmin
Hi,
When someone tries to submit an ACY payment (if they already have an account) the stripe gateway only asks for an email address. It doesn't ask for any bank account information. Is there a reason it wouldn't show the bank account fields to input their information? Instead it is trying to use their old account, so there is no way to handle it other than manually cancelling it and then resubmitting their bank account info into Stripe manually. This defeats the purpose in the gateway entirely.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything? Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308148 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe ACH
ACH Credit Transfer only asks for email. After they click Pay they should see the account and routing number they need to send the transfer to assuming you've configured them at Stripe. Once they push the funds from their bank account Stripe will send an IPN to your site to pay the subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308150 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe ACH
Sorry I am not clear on this. It sounds like all that is being done is a wire transfer? Meaning if the user clicks pay & they see our account information (configured in stripe), then they have to still go and do a transfer from their bank, that is not an ach it is a wire transfer of sorts.
Typically an ACH would ask for the users account information and send a charge/deduct the funds from their bank account just like it does for a credit card.

Trying to understand that further...

Also we had a user input their email and click pay, it then told him thank you for the payment and displayed his old account number & routing number which was no longer open. So when I looked into stripe there was a pending ACH payment with the old source. I then had to put their account info into Stripe manually so we could verify their account and apply the charge.
Seems that it should be much smoother than that, no? For example, user selects the ACH option, they're asked for their bank account info and clicks pay. The pending status is sent to Stripe and they handle the transaction (takes a few days to verify and complete). This is how PayPal handles it also.
Thanks for further clarification, this was a large issue because the user didn't have the old account and yet it was still attempted to be processed.

5 years 5 months ago #308156 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe ACH

Sorry I am not clear on this. It sounds like all that is being done is a wire transfer?

Yes, that's what an ACH Credit Transfer is. It's not an ACH Debit Transfer where you'd be pulling funds from their account. A credit transfer requires them to transfer the funds to your account.

Meaning if the user clicks pay & they see our account information (configured in stripe), then they have to still go and do a transfer from their bank

Correct.

ypically an ACH would ask for the users account information and send a charge/deduct the funds from their bank account just like it does for a credit card.

There are 2 types of ACH. What you're wanting is a Debit, not a Credit. Stripe only provides ACH Credit Transfers. They do not have an ACH Debit Transfer payment method.

For Stripe they supply their email address. This creates the payment token for that payment source at Stripe. It then processes and sends them to the payment complete page, which includes the routing number and account number that are provided directly from Stripe. CBSubs has no control over what numbers it provides as those are returned by Stripes own API when creating the pending charge. Those numbers need to be updated at Stripe it self and should always be kept up to date at Stripe; your alternative is to override the language string that outputs these and just hardcode in the account numbers if you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308162 by wjgadmin
Please see the following URL:
stripe.com/docs/ach

Stripe does allow ACH debits and they can be used just like a credit card, however they must be verified of course. The URL above explains this and how it is implemented. Please let me know, thank you!

5 years 5 months ago #308167 by wjgadmin
While you're checking out the above please advise on this, the process in which this has occurred is extremely upsetting because it is a frustration for the user trying to make the payment.

We need to submit an API to stripe cancelling the ACH that was attempted via CBSubs because it is sitting in a pending state on stripe and it will not complete because the user doesn't have funds in that account as it is an old account. Due to the pending status of the ACH it doesn't allow us to set the new account as the default payment method.
I was told that we may need to submit an API to cancel the ACH so we can set the default to the updated account. Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds