Stripe ACH

5 years 6 months ago #308196 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe ACH
They have no documentation for creating a payment source for ACH Debit beyond using Plaid. Have added a feature ticket to look into this further as I'll have to get into contact with Stripe and trial/error until I can get the payment source creation working, which may end up requiring Plaid. I do not have a timeframe for when this will be available, sorry.

We need to submit an API to stripe cancelling the ACH that was attempted via CBSubs because it is sitting in a pending state on stripe and it will not complete because the user doesn't have funds in that account as it is an old account. Due to the pending status of the ACH it doesn't allow us to set the new account as the default payment method.
I was told that we may need to submit an API to cancel the ACH so we can set the default to the updated account. Thanks

The user should be able to just cancel the basket and create a new basket. Aside from that you need to wait for the timeout (believe 7 days) or force it cancelled at Stripe. There isn't really any interface within CBSubs to accommodate this need.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #308206 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe ACH
Thank you for looking into this. I am not 100% sure what plaid is but I believe it is the ability for the end user to log into their bank to confirm an immediate ACH, is that accurate?
In my opinion the most optimal is the ability to input their account number & routing number OR the option to login for an instant payment, but I know you'll find what is possible. I hope they provide a user friendly solution.
Thank you

5 years 6 months ago #308217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe ACH

Thank you for looking into this. I am not 100% sure what plaid is but I believe it is the ability for the end user to log into their bank to confirm an immediate ACH, is that accurate?

ACH Debit Transfer requires the account and routing number the user supplies to be verified. Without a service to do this you have to do this manually with your bank. So seams Plaid is going to be required, which will do the verification process for you automatically and appears to be basically instant. Their ACH Debit Transfer doesn't seam to be meant to be used without Plaid so you may want to look into that requirement further as I've no idea at this time if there's a cost associated with using Plaid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds