No access to Registration page following update

5 years 3 months ago #309539 by RobGG
Hi,

CB and CBSubs were updated yesterday to versions 2.3.0+build.2018.12.22.17.45.33.2d82ff8bb and
4.3.0+build.2018.11.12.17.24.17.6436fbca5 respectively. This morning the Sucuri Monitor reported an error "Site error detected.: ataa.asn.au/component/comprofiler/registers Internal Server Error".

We then noted that the SCSubs registration page at ataa.asn.au/component/comprofiler/registers presents a 404 error. The last successful registration on the website was approx one hour prior to the update. CB Tools was run and finds no errors. There has been no administrator configuration on the website for some weeks.

The error message on the tab when clicking the Register button is: 0 DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (Yes) at position 0 (Y): the timezone could not be found in the database.

The timezone settings in Joomla are set to Melbourne, Australia as they've always been. The date format in CB is set to DD/MM/YYYY, as it's always been.

There is a CB forum post here with a similar message (but no resolution), from 6 months ago. Presumably they fixed it but didn't update the post:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/239267-registration-doesn-t-work#305192.

Can you provide advice on how we can fix this issue please. Our regular Professional Support person is not currently available.

Regards, Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #309563 by krileon
Check server error log and see if the full error is present there. If so please provide the full error with server path removed in the file paths. Looks like you're trying to use an invalid format for a date field maybe. Try unpublishing date fields 1 by 1 until issue goes away. If not try unpublishing CB Paid Subscriptions in CB > Plugin Management as could be an error in configuration somewhere (e.g. incorrect date condition or incorrect start date for by calendar duration).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309628 by RobGG
Hi,

I am unable to access the Server Error Log (our Developer is currently not available). We have unpublished all date fields (one-by-one and then all-together) in Community Builder > Field Management to no avail. Also, we unpublished CB Paid Subscriptions in CB > Plugin Management, again no access.

This error situation only occurred after the update of both CB and CBSubs, no other changes were made.

Currently our regular Developer is not available. Does Joomlapolis offer a paid service to problem solve? If so, how do we access it? (Currently our Registration facility for new members is unavailable.)

Regards, Robert

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309656 by krileon
The date API is untouched in CB and CBSubs. There has been no change to this API in a very long time. Did you update PHP? As based off the error "the timezone could not be found in the database" the environment has changed and your PHP install is either missing its timezone database or it's out of date. See the below for details.

php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Latest timezone database can be found below.

pecl.php.net/get/timezonedb

The only new date feature added was support for asc/desc ordering of the year dropdown, but that's irrelevant to storage and display behavior as it only impacts the dropdown for edit purposes, which I've retested and am seeing no issues.

Currently our regular Developer is not available. Does Joomlapolis offer a paid service to problem solve? If so, how do we access it? (Currently our Registration facility for new members is unavailable.)

Nope, but we do perform install reviews if we suspect a bug is present. In your case it doesn't appear to be related to CB, but something with the server which we don't review. You can PM backend super administrator login credentials and I can try taking a look to see if I can at least expose where the error is coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309998 by krileon
Ok, cause for this issue was found in the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/240388-7427-0-date-time-error-failed-to-parse-time-string-started-after-update-to-2-4#309996

Please edit any terms and condition fields you have and ensure the "Default Registration Value" parameter is empty.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn