[#7495] triple charge - no record of subscription

5 years 1 month ago #311339 by cpaschen
Replied by cpaschen on topic triple charge - no record of subscription
FYI ... We were told by Authorize.net that it is likely due to their phasing out of the MD5Hash (even though their own docs say that won't fully happen until June).

Can you confirm that you are no longer using the MD5Hash in the Authorize.net plugin and that this is not really the issue?

developer.authorize.net/support/hash_upgrade/

support.authorize.net/s/article/MD5-Hash-End-of-Life-Signature-Key-Replacement

They also indicated it could be related to IP address changes on their servers:
support.authorize.net/s/article/Authorize-Net-Domains-and-IP-Addresses

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 4 weeks ago - 5 years 4 weeks ago #311344 by beat
This could be related to sudden very long http-request times at authorize.net for AIM single payments, and users refreshing pages or a timeout occuring before the payment completes (if the authorize.net side checks for double payments only after the other transactions http requests are completed,if you still follow me).

This was due to a server software change on authorize.net side that introduced a backwards incompatibility.

We have now worked around this and solved these very long requests. Full reply isl here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240719-7495-authorize-net-gateway-not-working-sorta?start=6#311342

In short, please update to latest nightly build, and see if issue persists. Don't fill-in MD5 hash or signature key (new param) as you are not using auto-recurring payment subscriptions.

Please let us know here if it fixes the issue for you. Many Thanks in advance.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 4 weeks ago #311365 by cpaschen
We've installed and waiting to see results.

5 years 4 weeks ago #311412 by beat
Is this now working for you ?

Please also note that if your host doesn't have the ca-certificates linux-package installed or up-to-date, you will also need to upgrade Community Builder to latest nightly version. CBSubs verifies the authorize.net certificate validity when doing https requests to it, and authorize.net changed certificates, using a certificate signed by a recent root certificate, that up-to-date linux distributions also have. For cases where it is not the case, latest nightly CB has a backup root certificates bundle corresponding to Firefox's official latest one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

5 years 3 weeks ago #311433 by cpaschen
I've followed all the responses in the other thread (www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/240719-solved-7495-authorize-net-gateway-not-working-sorta?start=18) and applied those settings to our site.
However, we haven't had any subscription attempts since we made the changes on Friday. We're still watching and waiting to see if new charges get processed properly.

I'll update here as soon as we have once (should be one in the next day or two).

5 years 2 weeks ago #311573 by cpaschen
I just found out that we are still having some issue on this.

On the latest attempt to try to make a payment on a subscription the following error was displayed:

HTTPS POST Connection to payment gateway server failed (check system information in CBSubs Settings): ERROR: Passing in the "body" request option as an array to send a POST request has been deprecated. Please use the "form_params" request option to send a application/x-www-form-urlencoded request, or the "multipart" request option to send a multipart/form-data request. 0

Im not exactly sure where to look for this; however, in the Authorize.net payment settings I did see ..

Settings for silent Posts from Authorize.net

Silent Post URL notifications to set into authorize.net - (long URL here)

Silent Post URL above is: set at Authorize.net

HOWEVER, I can not confirm that we have set this silent post at Authorize.net - definitely haven't made any changes there in the past couple/few months (since it was last working). Could this be the problem? Is this a new setting for the authorize.net pulgin?

We are NOT running recurring settings, so not sure if this setting has any effect at all on our processing.

Any ideas where to look next?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.669 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn