Anybody else using affiliate software with CBSubs?

2 years 8 months ago #325845 by Strategisto2da
Hi,

We've been using iDevAffiliate off and on for several years. We recently went back to it for a new campaign we're running. Unfortunately, for some reason, after 2 weeks and many hours we are unable to get the integration to work. We're still working on it, but I was wondering if any other CBSubs users are using CBSubs or a competitor? We looked a Post Affiliate Pro but they said they do not have an off-the-shelf integration for CBSubs. Would much appreciate any experience you may have had and can share with us regarding iDevAffiliate and alternates.

Thanks in advance...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325848 by krileon
We provide integrations included with CBSubs for the following affiliate tracking software.

Google Analytics
Piwik
iDevAffiliate
PostAffiliatePro

You can also use CB Auto Actions to act on Joomla triggers to implement whatever affiliate tracking you like and if you'd like to explore that please let me know so I can provide an example auto action to get you started.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325856 by Strategisto2da
Replied by Strategisto2da on topic Anybody else using affiliate software with CBSubs?
" if you'd like to explore that please let me know so I can provide an example auto action to get you started."

Please.

Thanks...

2 years 8 months ago #325857 by krileon
What affiliate software are you wanting to integrate with using CB Auto Actions? It'll depend a bit on that software as to what auto action you use. For example could be as simple as a Request action that sends an HTTP Request from your site to that software.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325858 by Strategisto2da
Replied by Strategisto2da on topic Anybody else using affiliate software with CBSubs?
iDevAffiliate

2 years 8 months ago #325860 by krileon
We already provide an iDevAffiliate. We're using the following API in it. Unless iDevAffiliate has changed this API it should still be working fine.

www.idevlibrary.com/docs/Vendor_Integration_Information.pdf

This was addressed in your below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/244136-cbsubs-idev-affiliate-integration-issue?start=6#325813

Your affiliate tracking is likely not working because you're using a free trial. The free trial will not be sent to iDevAffiliate as at the time of implementation sending $0 amounts wasn't supported. If that has changed we can update the integration to send the $0 amount.

We do not store the affiliate id with the basket like we do with PostAffiliatePro, but we can if iDevAffiliate provides whatever the cookie name is that they're using. This would allow the renewal to also be sent to iDevAffiliate. If they're not setting the cookie and all we'll have to go on is the idev_id in the URL then you'll have to implement setting that to a cookie in whatever landing page you're using and will have to review adding support for specifying a custom cookie name.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn