CB login registration not working

17 years 9 months ago #17175 by ericfoster3
Replied by ericfoster3 on topic Re:CB login registration not working
Make sure you're running the MOST RECENT version of your SEF component.

When I upgraded my CB to it's current version, my old version of SEF started causing this same problem. When I upgraded my SEF component to the latest version, it works again.

I think something changed in the new CB that threw all the SEF programs out of wack (at least the outdated versions).

CB 3rd Party Developer: DatsoTab | KarmaTab
Joomla! 1.0.10
Community Builder 1.0
joomlaboard 1.1.2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17176 by josey
Replied by josey on topic Re:CB login registration not working
thanks for the time. good point. the only difference is open sef versis sef advance ... hold your horses, this site is running OpenSEF 2.0.0-RC5, but that is the most current version?

it seems to be a permissions error. if i could only could get my host to respond!

cheers

Post edited by: josey, at: 2006/07/17 03:50

17 years 9 months ago #17177 by holdenburg
Replied by holdenburg on topic Re:CB login registration not working
josey wrote:

i disabled sef in global tab and the site fell apart, spacial and urls? like sef was half working, but i was able to register.

however, the site was working for weeks with sef. so that's weird.

why would the site fall apart, is that normal?

anyway, i email sakic and am waiting for my host to change back some permissions, which i think threw it all uut of wack?

keep you posted.

Hi,
I just want to tell you this regarding chmod & folder permissions.
Depending on your hosting service, changing permissions on specific folders from 755 to 655 can result in the site failing. If your host is using Redhat or Dabian distrro (apache), they will sometimes have additional security beyond your Mambo/Joomla folder permissions. So, as always, document your folder permissions changes if you have to have your hosting service do this. Thay way you can change them back to what they were.

Also, just remember, you don't want your config.php at 777!

Hope this helps...

H.

Best Regards;

H. Oldenburg
West Palm Beach, Florida

17 years 9 months ago #17179 by holdenburg
Replied by holdenburg on topic Re:CB login registration not working
Hi...
I went to your site and attempted to register. This looks like folder permissions error because it can't find the folder(s).
Additionally, it could not find the default 404 error page so the folder permissions might be too restrictive.

I would re-check your folder permissions setup and then go onto the next issue.

BTW, I like your header with the pictures! And your tool bar looks good also.

Good luck...

H.

Best Regards;

H. Oldenburg
West Palm Beach, Florida

17 years 9 months ago #17209 by josey
Replied by josey on topic Re:CB login registration not working
okay, so i disabled open sef and registration worked. then i went to upgrade to the latest open sef patch joomla_com_opensef_2.0.0-RC5_SP2.zip

i overwrote the files like it said, and the component would not show up in admin? so i did an uninstall and tried a fresh full install.

i received errors that directories were already in use with those names, and proceeded to delete admin/com/com_sef and com/com_sef and retried install failed again with?

Another component is already using directory: "/home/sailing/public_html/components/com_sef/"

that dir is not there? now my home page reads error:

Warning: main(/home/sailing/public_html/administrator/components/com_sef/sef.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sailing/public_html/components/com_sef/sef.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/sailing/public_html/administrator/components/com_sef/sef.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sailing/public_html/components/com_sef/sef.php on line 24

whay can't i install a new open sef? i then tried to install from
/home/sailing/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/component
and receive error
Another component is already using directory: "/home/sailing/public_html/components/com_gallery2/"

i did install both gallery2 and joomblog through that dir, should i delete thos dir in com_installer?

thanks for any help

17 years 9 months ago #17213 by ericfoster3
Replied by ericfoster3 on topic Re:CB login registration not working
WOW. Not sure what is going on with your site. Can you log into the backend? If so, you should try to disable SEF, so that your site is (at least) usable while you're getting a lot of press coverage.

What version of joomla are you using?

CB 3rd Party Developer: DatsoTab | KarmaTab
Joomla! 1.0.10
Community Builder 1.0
joomlaboard 1.1.2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn