ysva's CB Custom Profile's [Tips and Tricks]

17 years 4 months ago #27417 by ronrattie
Replied by ronrattie on topic Re:ysva's CB Custom Profile's [Tips and Tricks]
Okay, so this file is not a replacement for the whole CB install, just the com_comprofiler component. So you can look at my cb_sixcolumn.zip as being equal to com_comprofiler.zip only my modification allows for a six column userlist.

cb_sixcolumn.zip

Post edited by: ronrattie, at: 2006/12/20 23:35

Post edited by: ronrattie, at: 2006/12/20 23:35

Post edited by: ronrattie, at: 2006/12/20 23:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #28748 by elgrillo
Great Work!

Would like to check out the 6 column feature, but not sure if I installk this over the com_profiler or rename, etc..

Thanks for any help!

n

Post edited by: elgrillo, at: 2007/01/10 14:15

17 years 3 months ago #28775 by ronrattie
Replied by ronrattie on topic Re:ysva's CB Custom Profile's [Tips and Tricks]
Oh it's the little things we forget to mention isn't it?

1st step regardless of how confident you might be is: BACK UP your DATA!
- I suggest doing a CSV export of the data in the jos_comprofiler tables in your database. That way you can import it back in if something goes wrong.

Okay, so all you have to do (if you already have people and data in your database) is uninstall the com_profiler component from the installer menu.

That removes the files, but leaves your data alone. Then install the cb_sixcolumn.zip version of com_profiler component. During the installation it should create the additional fields in the jos_comprofiler tables to accomodate the 2 new columns.

17 years 3 months ago #30064 by illsbills
Replied by illsbills on topic Re:ysva's Tips&Tricks - CB Custom Profile's
i think you can just do a mysql query to check whether the user is connected to that person in jos_comprofiler_members and then configure the output of connections based on that. not sure if this helps. let me know if you want the code though.

17 years 2 months ago #30610 by moneybetz
Replied by moneybetz on topic Re:ysva's CB Custom Profile's [Tips and Tricks]
I have been looking for a forum that talks about MySpace like codes for CB. Is this it?

I spoke with PHP programmer and he told me - all that is needed is a good CSS person? Is this true?

Has any one made any headway on any of this? Help. TIA

Lets get some MySpace like codes for CB.

17 years 2 months ago #30622 by beat
Yes, it can be done using CSS, but requires a good level of CSS knowledge for inter-browser compatibility. You can already do quite a lot positioning things with cb's tabs parameters, and polish it with CSS.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn