ysva's CB Custom Profile's [Tips and Tricks]

17 years 5 months ago #24124 by ysva
Trick 6

Remove alternating field colors

About:
CB fields automatically get a Joompla template matching background color. This really annoys me because I think it looks very ugly and it's hard to change.

Needed:
None

Hacked files:
1. administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php
2. components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.php

This is what you need to do:
1. Open comprofiler.class.php
2. Go to line 2584 and 2585
3. Make it:
[code:1]$class = "sectiontableentry1";
$_CB_OneTwoRowsStyleToggle = ($_CB_OneTwoRowsStyleToggle == 1 ? 1 : 1);[/code:1]
4. Open cb.menu.php
5. change on line 615 and 621 all the 2's to 1's, so you'll have something like [code:1]($idCounter&1 ? 1 : 1)[/code:1]

Dont forget to:
None.

Post edited by: ysva, at: 2006/11/09 16:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #24125 by ysva
Trick 7

Profile editing not in tabs

HELP NEEDED!
Where o' where to find what said it should be in tabs.

About:
Change the layout when users update their profile. Sometimes it takes ages for a profile to use when they have a slow WYSIWYG editor and this way they can see the loading of the icons, instead of looking at a page on which they can't see anything load and so it seems it's "stuck".

Needed:
None

Hacked files:
Coming soon...

This is what you need to do:
Coming soon...

Don't forget to:
Coming soon..

Post edited by: ysva, at: 2006/11/07 14:30

17 years 5 months ago #24146 by radio
Great work buddy, your the only one with a little know how who seems to be making the effort. Its really something i feel the development team should have done, unless the info is in the subscription docs? Hopefully with your help ill get where i want to be with my profiles

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 5 months ago #24184 by radio
ysva wrote:

Trick 6

[15:03

When you set then to 1 ? 1 : 1 the background is still a solid shade of grey, is there a way to get rid of this altogther and have background just plain white? Or to change the colour to something else?

Post edited by: radio, at: 2006/11/10 00:01

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 5 months ago #24214 by ysva
radio wrote:

ysva wrote:

Trick 6

##########

When you set then to 1 ? 1 : 1 the background is still a solid shade of grey, is there a way to get rid of this altogther and have background just plain white? Or to change the colour to something else?

Forgot to mention that sectiontableentry1 and 2 are in your Joomla template. You can also try changing all 1's to 2's if sectiontableentry2 is white with your template. Otherwise you'll have to go to the css file and change it manually. I'm still working on this trick and I think I'm going to change it to a different css class. Might be easier for the future too.

PS: could you edit your last post please and remove my text and replace the things with ##### just like I did in this post? That'll keep the topic nice and clean.B)

Post edited by: ysva, at: 2006/11/08 14:09

17 years 5 months ago #24215 by ysva
radio wrote:

Great work buddy, your the only one with a little know how who seems to be making the effort. Its really something i feel the development team should have done, unless the info is in the subscription docs? Hopefully with your help ill get where i want to be with my profiles

Thanks!:laugh:
And a LOT more is coming up soon too!
I just don't have the time to write it all down in 1 go.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn