forcing confirm of a user?

17 years 1 month ago #34415 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
overett1 wrote:

What bit of your initial response did my post indicate I had not followed?

wierd.

if the user actually got the confirmation link and clicked on it then the status should have changed.

cannot think of anything that could cause this behaviour :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 weeks ago #34546 by maranate
Replied by maranate on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
I'm having the same problem. We do not require confirmation because 90% of them don't get the confirmation email, and we manually approve or deny everyone.

After this recent upgrade (OK, we just finally got around to it last week), I got a report that when we're changing people from disabled back to enabled, they are becoming unconfirmed. We can't get them to confirm. I have opened the user, used the drop down to show "confirmed" as yes, click "save," and they are still showing the big red X. When I open the user again, the drop down is showing "no" again. I've tried several times and can't confirm them. :ohmy:

Help!

Christina

17 years 4 weeks ago #34565 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
maranate wrote:

I'm having the same problem. We do not require confirmation because 90% of them don't get the confirmation email, and we manually approve or deny everyone.

After this recent upgrade (OK, we just finally got around to it last week), I got a report that when we're changing people from disabled back to enabled, they are becoming unconfirmed. We can't get them to confirm. I have opened the user, used the drop down to show "confirmed" as yes, click "save," and they are still showing the big red X. When I open the user again, the drop down is showing "no" again. I've tried several times and can't confirm them. :ohmy:

Help!

Could you please give us exact configuration of CB regarding registrations and a very precise way to follow (please include each click in instructions) to reproduce the problem ?

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 3 weeks ago #34694 by maranate
After the user registers, our "prospective member" coordinator, calls her to confirm she is eligible to be a member, then approves (or declines) her from the "workflow" module. We do not require email confirmation.

She is allowed 3 months full access to the site, and then is notified that she must become a member or be deactivated.

The "Pm" coordinator logs into the back-end joomla administration, goes to the CB component, and does a search on the user, then disables her by clicking on the green check in the "enabled" column.

After the member coordinator receives the check, she logs into the joomla administration, goes to the CB Componenet, searches for the user, opens the user, changes her to enabled using the drop down box next to "block user," changes her member type to "member" using a custom cb field, also indicates her paid date using another custom cb field. After she saves the information, and the screen goes back to the user list, the user now has a red x in the "confirmed" column. If the user is opened and the "confirmed" drop-down box is changed, then saved, it is not sticking. I had to confirm the most recent person by going into the database.

Post edited by: maranate, at: 2007/03/30 19:22

Post edited by: maranate, at: 2007/03/30 19:23

Post edited by: maranate, at: 2007/03/30 19:24

Christina

17 years 3 weeks ago #34711 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:forcing confirm of a user?
just curious, did you run the db checker in the cb tools area?

17 years 3 weeks ago #34886 by maranate
Yes, and it came back all green.

Christina

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn