GroupJive Development is Back in Action!

15 years 6 months ago #75919 by dee_jay
Replied by dee_jay on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
This is great news. I really need the functionality of groups on my site. I tested GroupJive, but pulled it off my site.

The main reason for doing this was the amount of time it was taking to make the necessary visual modifications. I needed to make it cleaner, more professional looking and compatible with the rest of my site. It's stylesheet is huge and the approach is quite different than most other Joomla components.

I would like to try again, and would suggest the following:

1. Get some professional designers to give input into the visual layout and structure.

2. More closely emulate the Community Builder look and feel.

3. Somehow, allow more flexibility regarding what is shown and how it is shown. Community Builder very strong in this area.

I think this is a great component for Joomla and fills a specific need for community-oriented and social networking sites. But I won't compromise my sites visual standards or professionalism for this functionality.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76049 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
B) GJ was since first 1.6 Beta one of the Key features of my community and i´m very happy that this development is back to life B)

SPECIAL THANKS to SCUBAGUY which is responsible for this !

He forced the community not to give up and let all of us stick together.

Thanks Scubaguy, i know what you have done for us ! ;-)

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 6 months ago #76171 by tborja
Replied by tborja on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Hello,

Are there plans to put a document and gallery system for groupjive?

15 years 6 months ago #76178 by beat
tborja wrote:

Hello,

Are there plans to put a document and gallery system for groupjive?

There are many things in the works in this area :)

First thing is to stabilize GroupJive, and GroupJive dev-team is doing a great job there. B)

Next thing will be a better integration, and there are some really exciting stuff being developed as "applied research" work as we speak. We will be telling more, once the work is done ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76212 by Masochist
Replied by Masochist on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Can you tell us about the date you will release at least a beta version?

15 years 6 months ago #76562 by bornakke
Replied by bornakke on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Wonderful news! Brilliant that somebody is picking up one of the most important components for joomla out there.

We have during the last ½ year been working on several modules and other integrations in Groupjive for a community driven web page that we are developing for the council of copenhagen (www.tipoff.dk/nyjoomla/ - not done yet!). Next module up for developing is a module showing the different groups logos in a coverflow using the code of Imageflow (imageflow.finnrudolph.de/).

I would be glad to contribute with this and my other work to the new edition. So please feel free to contact me(!), and most importantly thank you for bringing groupjive back to live!

Best regards
Tobias

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn