GroupJive Development is Back in Action!

15 years 6 months ago #76857 by bokrosb
Replied by bokrosb on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Well i have already made my request at groupjive forum, but im desperate enough to promote again.

I research the the world of social network (from economists perspective) and the best, but obviosly the most practical solution i found is what blobble.net does (as you know build upon joomla).

It both reduce the complexity of the relation between members and groups, and gives a flexible but simple method for creating any kind of entities.

If you would make the possibility for users, to create projects, places, or events (etc) with the same options as for individuals and groups (own profile, own blog, own discussion board, and members), it would boost up joomla's future as a social CMS.

If it is possible: two more request, to make it even better.
-It would be fantastic option if a user could decide, where to publish his article beside his own blog. So he could publish the article to the appropriate group's blog, if he has the right (as a member) for that.

- Practically you have to give your adress in every social network. If the component could interpret the given country and city as a "place", new members would automatically get into familiar groups, in addition, a common part of a group and a place, like segment of tennis player group and London, give a new group: the tennis players in London group.

Good luck with Groupjive

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76999 by stepson
Replied by stepson on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
I'm volunteer to test when testers will be needed.

good news to see the project revival

15 years 6 months ago #77081 by gyanpinku
Replied by gyanpinku on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
Can GroupJive support private articles for group members? Only Group members can see each others articles. That article should not see by non group members.

15 years 6 months ago #77092 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:GroupJive Development is Back in Action!
gyanpinku wrote:

Can GroupJive support private articles for group members? Only Group members can see each others articles. That article should not see by non group members.

This is already implemented within the actual Version 1.6 :-)

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 6 months ago #77365 by miar
Replied by miar on topic Confusion about GroupJive
I've been trying to follow and find out stuff about what's going on with GroupJive and I still find myself with a few outstanding questions..

1. Is it free? (I've seen this questions come up a few times but haven't seen any answers)

2. Are GroupJive and the Subscription Plugin the same thing or different things that work together?

3. GroupJive's mission seems to be (from what I've gathered) handling group access. Looking through the boards it looks like Joomla 1.6 will (probably) also be addressing this. What impact is this going to have? Will GroupJive then be unnecessary? What am I missing here?

15 years 6 months ago #77400 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Confusion about GroupJive
miar wrote:

1. Is it free? (I've seen this questions come up a few times but haven't seen any answers)

YES, it´s free

miar wrote:

2. Are GroupJive and the Subscription Plugin the same thing or different things that work together?

Different things that can work together.

miar wrote:

3. GroupJive's mission seems to be (from what I've gathered) handling group access. Looking through the boards it looks like Joomla 1.6 will (probably) also be addressing this. What impact is this going to have? Will GroupJive then be unnecessary? What am I missing here?

Group means not a user access level group!!!

Groupjive functionality is that users can create own group of interests witch have a "seperate" discussion board and they can invite other user to join this group.

i don´t know anything of Joomla 1.6 but i can´t belive that this will a includet funtionality.

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn