CB Profile Gallery | tumbnail lightbox problem

15 years 3 months ago #84154 by myrtusugni
Replied by myrtusugni on topic Re:CB Profile Gallery | tumbnail lightbox problem
I had to do a slight workaround to Pema's fix, so I thought I'd share.

1. I downloaded the slimbox1.68 file from slimbox.googlecode.com/files/slimbox-1.68.zip

2. Unpacked the mootools.js & slimbox.js files from the slimbox package (in the js folder) into [root]/media/system/js folder and renamed the new mootools.js to mootools1.js (I found that just replacing the original mootools.js caused problems in the backend)

3. Open for editting /templates/[yourtemplate]/index.php and find:

<?php JHTML::_('behavior.mootools'); ?>

Place the following lines of code on the next line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools1.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/slimbox.js"></script>

That worked for me. Thanks Pema for getting me there. And thanks to the crew for this great feature.

Jeremy

Post edited by: myrtusugni, at: 2009/01/05 09:26
The following user(s) said Thank You: hbudak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84158 by hellreigner
Replied by hellreigner on topic Re:CB Profile Gallery | tumbnail lightbox problem
I tried almost all of the solutions you guys have mentioned in the posts but nothing worked out for me. even the latest one which claims to have solved the problem was in vain. I don't know what has happened but i get the white/blank thing even with the default display type (without the lightbox). Is there something else wrong other than the lightbox issue?

One more thing I tried was, using firefox's firebug extension -> inspect element, I temporarily modified the html that was displayed in the gallery page. where i specifically removed the "display: none" tags in several elements regarding the lightbox which finally displayed the pictures and the whole thing correctly. Does this mean that this has something to do with the style sheet or html code itself?

I love the plugin but have not been able to make the best out of it. Please help.

15 years 3 months ago #84443 by myrtusugni
Replied by myrtusugni on topic Re:CB Profile Gallery | tumbnail lightbox problem
After posting the revision to my last post, I realized that my fix actually killed the menu system in the back end. The problem is that the mootools version 1.11 that comes with Joomla 1.5 is not compatible with mootools 1.2.1. So, I went into ../html/behaviors.php and found the following code (line 53):

if ($debug || $konkcheck) {
JHTML::script('mootools-uncompressed.js', 'media/system/js/', false);
} else {
JHTML::script('mootools.js', 'media/system/js/', false);

}

and, I replaced it with:

if ($debug || $konkcheck) {
JHTML::script('mootools-uncompressed.js', 'media/system/js/', false);
} else {
if ( defined( '_JADMINISTRATOR' ) && _JADMINISTRATOR == 1 ) {
JHTML::script('mootools.js', 'media/system/js/', false);
} else {
JHTML::script('mootools2.js', 'media/system/js/', false);
}
}

then I went into ../administrator/index.php and added:

define( '_JADMINISTRATOR', 1);

and the following to ../index.php:

define( '_JADMINISTRATOR', 0);

both immediately after:

define( '_JEXEC', 1 );

And in the ../media/system/js folder mootools.js = the original mootools included in the JOomla installation. And mootools2.js = Mootools 1.2.1

Hopefully that made sense.

Post edited by: myrtusugni, at: 2009/01/07 06:52

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn