Registration Emails Going to Admin instead of User

15 years 8 months ago #71891 by bmacwire
CB has worked almost flawlessly for months but suddenly the confirmation emails are going to my admin email instead of to the new user's email. The same thing is happening if a user requests a password reminder - that email is coming to my admin email and not to the user's registered email address. Is this a bug? I have not done any changes to CB Builder config and don't know why this would suddenly start happening.

Duder's got a lot of strands

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #71912 by nant
bmacwire wrote:

CB has worked almost flawlessly for months but suddenly the confirmation emails are going to my admin email instead of to the new user's email. The same thing is happening if a user requests a password reminder - that email is coming to my admin email and not to the user's registered email address. Is this a bug? I have not done any changes to CB Builder config and don't know why this would suddenly start happening.

I doubt its a bug since things were working and you made no changes.

something might have changed in your environment

maybe ask your hoster if any global changes were made

15 years 8 months ago #71914 by bmacwire
hanks for the speed reply! Ok, you have a point, but what tree should I be barking up? What specifically would you suspect is the source of the trouble? The site is working fine in every way except now CB doesn't seem to associate the registered users email but when I check their account they have their email in there. I also tried do a Synch of CB but that didn't make a difference.

15 years 8 months ago #71926 by nant
bmacwire wrote:

hanks for the speed reply! Ok, you have a point, but what tree should I be barking up? What specifically would you suspect is the source of the trouble? The site is working fine in every way except now CB doesn't seem to associate the registered users email but when I check their account they have their email in there. I also tried do a Synch of CB but that didn't make a difference.

are you sure you didnt install something new?

a hack?

how are you testing this?

sounds like something has modified CB code.

maybe AEC?

15 years 8 months ago #71936 by bmacwire
Nothing new installed in a few weeks and certainly nothing since this problem started just a few days ago. Can you tell me what file contains the code for this execution? I am pretty certain the config files are as they should be. As far as tests... I've tried creating an account and had the same issue as other users. But email notifications for a new message, that kind of thing, are going to the correct email. It is just the confirmation emails and password request emails that appear to be doing this.

We are willing to pay someone to resolve this issue if that is what is needed.

15 years 8 months ago #71944 by nant
ok - lets start over.

please give details about your configuration.

CB version
Joomla version
PHP version

installed components
Sef?

steps to replicate the problem

url of site

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn