Registration Emails Going to Admin instead of User

15 years 8 months ago #72194 by nant
bmacwire wrote:

Ok, you guys were right. SiteGround.com made an unannounced modification to their security.

Glad to see that my first assessment was correct B)

I received a response this morning from a ticket I submitted yesterday (below). I just tried to modify the Global Config and can't get it to work. I'm guessing the server address goes in place of "localhost"?

Thank you for contacting our Help Desk!

We have indeed performed a security upgrade to our servers, which might have affected the outgoing e-mails from your application. Please reconfigure your script to send the mails using the smtp option on port 2525. You configuration would like like this:

server address: YourDomain.com:2525
user: a valid email user
password: a valid email password

Please let us know if this does not help.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Yanislav I.
Support Team
SiteGround.com

Not sure ... what mail method are you using in your global parameters?

I would just tell your helpdesk what Joomla version you are using and ask them to help you.

They should have notified you in the first place.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #72201 by jcarnley
I was actually having the same problems and also use Siteground. I readjusted the mail settings as described in the post here. I also opened my cpanel for my server and examined the new mail configuration. I set the global configurations > mail to the following:
Mailer: SMTP server
Mail From: "email address I created at my server"
From Name: "My name"
Sendmail Path: /usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP Auth: Yes
SMTP User: like email but with "+" instead of "@"
SMTP Pass: my webmail password
SMTP Host: mail.mysite.net

I hope this helps someone else. I think Yanislav I was almost there if he would just recheck his passwords and global configs.

15 years 8 months ago #72216 by bmacwire
Thanks to everyone who helped on this. I've recommended SiteGround to a lot of people and I sure hope they realize that doing this without notifying customers was a really bad move.

Duder's got a lot of strands

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn