MySQL Version: 5.0.45-community-
log
Webhost: SiteGround.com
URL: I will message that to you for security reasons

Duder's got a lot of strands

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #72137 by beat
Well, that's not all questions of Nick.

But i personally think this is a missconfiguration of your email server. Talk with your hoster, test email in other joomla parts...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #72148 by bmacwire
Ok, every email confirm and welcome email is going to the admin email even though in the body of the email the user's email is correctly listed. The problem is not intermittent.

So don't know how the server email config would be indicated. It seems like the code has somehow been screwed up. Does anyone know where the line of code is for that function and could they tell me where to find it to examine it or compare it to the original file?

Yes, I'm using SEF. But I've been using SEF all along (sh404SEF).

CB Components plugins...

Luna Template
Para Invite
cb_ProfileGallery
cb_GuestBook
cb_Core, Menu
cb_Connections
cb_authortab
PMS_uddeIM

Ok, my mass emailer doesn't seem to be working. But I've seen that go on the fritz and then work later. Seems like Mass Emailers in Joomla are a hassle.

Other than that... new PM message notifications works (to an email address other than my domain), Gallery Uploaded to Admin notification works, Fireboard new post notification works, emailing intead of Private Messaging a user works, Form Email to Admin works... and in general the site seems to be working fine other than the registration snafu.

15 years 8 months ago #72159 by nant
bmacwire wrote:

Ok, my mass emailer doesn't seem to be working. But I've seen that go on the fritz and then work later. Seems like Mass Emailers in Joomla are a hassle.

If this doesn't work, then you will have problems with any component trying to send email from your domain.

As Beat mentioned, this looks like a problem on your hoster - contact them.

15 years 8 months ago #72188 by bmacwire

If this doesn't work, then you will have problems with any component trying to send email from your domain.

Hmmm... then why are some email notifications working? And why is it emailing the admin email's address instead of the user's (I would expect that it would either work, or not, but instead is emailing to the wrong address)? Does this provide any clues? My webhost, SiteGround.com doesn't seem to be nearly as helpful as they were in the past.

Keep in mind that:

PM message notifications works (to an email address other than my domain), Gallery Uploaded to Admin notification works, Fireboard new post notification works, emailing intead of Private Messaging a user works, Form Email to Admin works.

15 years 8 months ago #72193 by bmacwire
Ok, you guys were right. SiteGround.com made an unannounced modification to their security.

I received a response this morning from a ticket I submitted yesterday (below). I just tried to modify the Global Config and can't get it to work. I'm guessing the server address goes in place of "localhost"?

Thank you for contacting our Help Desk!

We have indeed performed a security upgrade to our servers, which might have affected the outgoing e-mails from your application. Please reconfigure your script to send the mails using the smtp option on port 2525. You configuration would like like this:

server address: YourDomain.com:2525
user: a valid email user
password: a valid email password

Please let us know if this does not help.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Yanislav I.
Support Team
SiteGround.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn