Error on profile save and registration.

15 years 10 months ago #64537 by fungkur
Replied by fungkur on topic Re:Error on profile save and registration.

fungkur.info/

joomla 1.0.15 fresh install
cb 1.2RC fresh install

using php4 = problem to save profile after creating new cb field because field columns were not created in #_comprofiler

using php5 = no error

fungkur.org/

joomla 1.0.15l
cb 1.2RC upgrade from cb1.1

using php4 = problem to save profile after creating new cb field because field columns were not created in #_comprofiler

using php5 = problem to save profile after creating new cb field ALTHOUGH field columns were created in #_comprofiler

after couple of hours playing with #_comprofiler_xxx, i suspected that the problems come from #_users. found some unknown column. do some research in google and i found that it comes from joomblog component

bote.balikesir.edu.tr/~serkan/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=32

deleted the extra column and now my users can save profile again!! :woohoo:

thanks beat! thanks georges!

Post edited by: fungkur, at: 2008/06/04 07:55

spit it out!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64572 by beat
Wow, joomblog looks like a massive hack on joomla. Never saw such deep hack in php files and core database structure.

Cool that your site now works. B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64590 by Johnnydement
Replied by Johnnydement on topic Re:Error on profile save and registration.
mmm, I'm suffering same issue, so went to check php version and siteground says I'm not running on 4 :(

Apache Version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP Version 5.2.5
MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard-log

And the field is in db...

Your feedback on the JED helps us improve Kunena. ;)

15 years 10 months ago #64597 by beat
Johnnydement wrote:

mmm, I'm suffering same issue, so went to check php version and siteground says I'm not running on 4 :(

Apache Version 1.3.37 (Unix)
PHP Version 5.2.5
MySQL Version 4.1.22-standard-log

And the field is in db...

ok. Let's try to state precisely which issue you have ?

- Exact error message ?
- Exact what issue ?
- Any php errors or mysql errors appearing when turning joomla site debug to ON ?
- CB 1.2 RC i suppose ?

Please read this before reporting an error, so we can better help:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,19649/catid,43/

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64609 by Johnnydement
Replied by Johnnydement on topic Re:Error on profile save and registration.
sorry, thought the issue would be clear counting is a thread about it, and yes, CB 1.2RC, as we're on this subforum :P

My issue happens when someone tries to update his/her profile after I've added new fields, it works perfectly with default ones.

The error appearing is just an empty warning dialog, and no changes after accepting it with debug mode off, and a error404 screen with mysqul diagnose with debug on, all of this is in attached thumbnails.

I'm recreating the gender radio button used in documentation.

My host is siteground and they claim we're running on apache 1.3.37 in a unix machine, with php 5.2.5 and mysql 4.1.22-standard-log.

We're running joomla 1.5.2, cb 1.2RC, and a batch of other components/plugins/modules

Any more info you need, please don't essesitate to ask, screenshots below

I have no problem if you want to fiddle with our site.

File Attachment:

Error message with debug mode off when saving profile using gender field

File Attachment:

Gender field creation

File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Profile browsing with debug mode on, left, without gender field, right, adding it.
File Attachment:

Editing details with gender field and debug mode on
File Attachment:

Save result with debug on, and gender field unpublished
File Attachment:

Save result with debug on, and gender field published

Your feedback on the JED helps us improve Kunena. ;)

15 years 10 months ago #64660 by beat
Go to joomla's menu "help" / "system information" and check that you are really running PHP 5.

Then go to CB -> tools -> check CB database

is all green there ?

if not fix database (once you are on php5).

If you upgraded from php4 to php5, you need to edit and save, or recreate the fields.

The error at line 3196 in your screendump is another PHP4-specific error... so i'm quite sure you are running php4 when you took that screenshot.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn