Field and tabs a mess after upgrade

15 years 11 months ago #64547 by thoeri
Field and tabs a mess after upgrade was created by thoeri
Hi

I upgraded from CB 1.1 to 1.2 and after that the fields and the tabs were a mess. Some examples:

Username would not show anymore on registration page or the settings/edit page. Had to move it to the contact informaion tab.

I used to have a box on CB front-end with status information (logged in, member since etc.). That was completely gone. Instead there were new fields for them (member since, last visit etc) and they were placed on the newsletter tab. I could not move them back to the status tab since that tab wouldn't show up in the drop list. So I created a new tab and assigned them to that one. That works but it's a shame one cannot use the ccs class statustab then to style the tab.

The avatar was gone. But I created a new tab for it and assigned the new avatar field to that one. No big deal.

Then a lot of fields was moved to forum and forum settings tab.

There was also a new connections tab created.

I did the upgrade first on a test site and then on my live site and the exact same thing happened. I use Joomla 1.0.15.

Since I use Advanced CB Search 2.0.4 the user name is no longer searchable unless I publish the user name on the page, which I don't want since there already is a username on the page (Thoeri's profile page) and that has a nicer styling than plain text. So for now I published the username at the bottom of the page so my visitors wouldn't see it.

Is this supposed to happen at the upgrade because of the new fields and more options or is something wrong?

Regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64561 by RichRawlings
Replied by RichRawlings on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
WOW, sounds like you do have a mess there! I do hope you backed your live site up before the upgrade as stated in the read me text.

I do have to ask, if you had problems on the test site, why did you go ahead an upgrade the live site?

15 years 11 months ago #64575 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
It looks like your core CB tabs got messed up in some profound way before you installed CB. Most probably deleted and then recreated manually.

CB upgrader relies on tab ids of CB core to have stayed as installed, as CB doesn't allow to delete those tabs, but allows renaming them.

Did you install any extensions (CB plugins or components) which would mess Joomlapolis CB tabs ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #64603 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
beat wrote:

It looks like your core CB tabs got messed up in some profound way before you installed CB. Most probably deleted and then recreated manually.

CB upgrader relies on tab ids of CB core to have stayed as installed, as CB doesn't allow to delete those tabs, but allows renaming them.

Did you install any extensions (CB plugins or components) which would mess Joomlapolis CB tabs ?

No, I did not install any CB plug-ins or components that would mess the CB tabs.

I include two docs, the first one is the result from the first database check and the second one is the database result after fixing the database. There might be an answer there for those who can understand it.

Cheeres,
Thoeri

Attachment db_check_after_cb_upgrade.txt not found

Post edited by: thoeri, at: 2008/06/04 14:30
Attachments:

15 years 11 months ago #64604 by thoeri
And here's the second file:

Attachment database_check_result.txt not found

Attachments:

15 years 11 months ago #64626 by thoeri
Hi

I looked in to this a bit more. It seams like this:

The tab for avatar (portrait) and for Status list is still there in the tab list but nothing is showing up. The information on those tabs has moved to other tabs. When trying to assign a field to one of those tabs they do not show up in the drop list of available tabs. Why? That seams to be the crucial error.

Regards,
Thoeri

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn