Field and tabs a mess after upgrade

15 years 11 months ago #64642 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
Hi again

It looks like the statustab is still there, but renamed to newsletter. That's why I can't see it in the selectlist when choosing which tab a field should appear on. I had a look at the database tables of comprofiler_tabs and comprofiler_field. They look really weird. some tabs I think should be unique is appearing several times. For instance the status tab.
I attacked my sql tables. Please have a looh and see what you think.

best regards,
Thoeri

Post edited by: thoeri, at: 2008/06/04 18:53
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64644 by thoeri
Here it is

Attachment comprofiler_tables.txt not found

Attachments:

15 years 11 months ago #64685 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
Yes, your tabids for system CB tabs are not right :S

Something must have happened even before you upgraded to CB 1.2.

E.g. moving site from server not respecting tabids, or erroneous previous upgrades, or manual changes in database.

The mess happened before CB 1.2 RC, but wasn't visible.

With the new database checker and fixer, it "simply" became visible.

We are studying how this could be avoided in future, and how we can improve the database checker/fixer to also take into account these wierd state. This new CB library is quite complex and worked as specified (by tabid) and modified and recreated what it was supposed to do.

For now, in your installation, best is to install CB into a fresh installation, and then to fix manually tabid to make them correspond to pluginclass of the reference installation.

Other solution is to (rollback and) wait at least a few days, maybe we can improve the database fixer to also fix this case.

To help us understand the state and test new version of checker/fixer: Do you have a backup of the CB tables (without user data) in the state just before the CB 1.2 RC upgrade (if you followed step 0 of readme you should have them ;) ). User data is not needed in jos_comprofiler, but content is needed in fields, tabs and plugins tables and fields_values) ?

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/06/04 23:20

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #64703 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
thoeri,

Following your info in www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,50/id,64702/#64702

Thus it would really be very interesting to have the relevant CB Mysql tables listed above state just before upgrade, or at least any backup since CB 1.1 upgrade, so we can fix and check the upgrader asap for our faithfull long-time followers :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #64733 by thoeri
Hi again Beat and thankd for your involvement.

For now, in your installation, best is to install CB into a fresh installation, and then to fix manually tabid to make them correspond to pluginclass of the reference installation.

Other solution is to (rollback and) wait at least a few days, maybe we can improve the database fixer to also fix this case.

So, you mean that I will install CB 1.2 on a new joomla install on a test site. And then to write down the tabid of the different tabs and then apply those id:s on my live site installation? How to I do with all the dublicate tabs? Just deleten them or? I can't delete tabs from back-end I noticed. I only get a blank screen when trying to. But i would be able to delete them from back end. Is there any core tabs that should not be deleted?

I have a backup of all the cb tables from before upgrade but I cannot do a rollback since a lot of members already changed their profiles, uploaded new pictures in the gallery plugin plus 10+ new members.

So I have to do the changes without affecting this.

I have really no big problem with the profiles pages working. I moved fields and tabs around and got it the way I want it. But of course I would like to have an error free installation cause maybe otherwise these things will follow to next upgrade and to next upgrade and maybe create even worse issues.

So I wonder how I can fix this the best way without losing the new data entered by my members?

Regards,
Thoeri

15 years 11 months ago #64734 by thoeri
Hi again Beat

Thus it would really be very interesting to have the relevant CB Mysql tables listed above state just before upgrade, or at least any backup since CB 1.1 upgrade, so we can fix and check the upgrader asap for our faithfull long-time followers

I have the database tables of CB from before upgrade and I will e-mail them to you today. Right now I have to leave for a meeting.

Cheers,
Thoeri

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn