Field and tabs a mess after upgrade

15 years 11 months ago #64753 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
Hi Beat

Just realized that I can't mail them to you since the mail goes through a form :( Can you pm me an adress where I could sent the two files, post and pre upgrade.

I agree with you that this probably happened in an earlier upgrade. I have another site which has a fresh install of CB 1.1. I upgraded that one to CB 1.2 this morning without problems.

I do whatever it takes to get the tabs and fields straight as long as I can keep all the database data that I have today in CB.

Would it be possible to write a sql-script to fix this maybe? Or can I manually alter the database with phpAdmin. I know my way arounf phpAdmin to edit, delete and add stuff. But i am no expert at all and have very little understaning of what stuff like tinyint, autoincrement and stuff like this do.

Hope you will be able to help out a bit.

Many thanks,
Thoeri

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #64757 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
Guest a hunch ...

Have you been using any of mikko's extensions?

15 years 11 months ago #64771 by thoeri
Hi Nant

No, I never used any of his plugins. But I used some others like CB profile Gallery, CB Profile Book, Plaxo Invite, Ajax Sandbox, Profile Badge, Profile Viewers, Profile Adsense, Allow public view, CB Captcha, Groupjive tab, Mostree links tab and Fireboard tab.

Cheers,
Thoeri

15 years 11 months ago #64782 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
thoeri wrote:

Hi again Beat

Thus it would really be very interesting to have the relevant CB Mysql tables listed above state just before upgrade, or at least any backup since CB 1.1 upgrade, so we can fix and check the upgrader asap for our faithfull long-time followers

I have the database tables of CB from before upgrade and I will e-mail them to you today. Right now I have to leave for a meeting.

Cheers,
Thoeri

Got your files by email, thanks :)

If you got things working, that's already very good :)

You should have only one published tab of each pluginclass.

To cleanup database, you can safely from phpmyadmin delete the duplicate tab rows with something in pluginclass column which are unpublished (publish or enable = 0), just check in CB and phpmyadmin first that they contain no fields anymore: tables are comprofiler_tabs and comprofiler_fields, and columns are clearly named, so it should be straightforward.

Hope that makes sense :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #64844 by thoeri
Hi

I think I managed to delete all the wrong tabs. I figured out a way of detecting the faulty ones. I just gave every tab a number in the title. Then I looked which ones that did not show up in the select list when choosing a tab for a field. The one not showing up were the wrong ones and I just deleted them with php admin. Now Everythings seams to be just fine.

Thanks for whole the help by Nant and especially Beat. THANK YOU!

Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong at the next update and that mt database is "clean" and free of faulty entries.

Many thanks,
Thoeri

15 years 10 months ago #65943 by msquihuis
Replied by msquihuis on topic Re:Field and tabs a mess after upgrade
My tabs are a mess as well. Or rather, tabbed pane option disappeared entirely. Went from 1.1 to 1.2RC. Instead tabbed fields. See attached jpeg.

I've tried creating a new tab and moving fields into it but the tab doesn't appear on the screen at all. Thoughts?

Did 1.2RC make database changes as well? (from 1.1 that is)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn