problems after 1.5.7 upgrade

15 years 7 months ago #74287 by lsvf
problems after 1.5.7 upgrade was created by lsvf
Since I patched my J!1.5.6 to 1.5.7, the cb registration does not work although the normal registration does work just fine. When a user registers they get "you must login" "To access the private area of this site, please log in." The user is not added to my site and they do not receive an email for activation as they should. It was working prior to upgrade to 1.5.7.

Is this a cb problem? I am using ver 1.2.RC2. If so, what should I do?

If not a cb problem, has anyone else experienced this? What did you do to correct it?

Thanks
Linda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #74291 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:problems after 1.5.7 upgrade
Are you using PHP 4 ?

Joomla 1.5.7 has known issues with PHP4...

If you can switch to PHP 5, please do so.

Other known issues of Joomla 1.5.7:

docs.joomla.org/Category:Version_1.5.7_FAQ

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 7 months ago #74297 by lsvf
Replied by lsvf on topic Re:problems after 1.5.7 upgrade
Yes and I have already followed those instructions even though the issues there are not what I am experiencing. In fact, I did an extensive search on Joomla.org before I thought to post here. I even temporarily activated php5 to see if that would solve the problem and it did not. (I cannot keep php5 activated because my current site will not work with php5 enabled. I am working on a dev site and will replace my current site with it when it is ready.)

L.

15 years 7 months ago #74314 by MGLorencin
Replied by MGLorencin on topic Re:problems after 1.5.7 upgrade
Well I am on php5 and after upgrade I have a serrious problem with registrations :( ...I get a note like session expired or cookies aren't activated which they of caurse are.

I didn't change nothing but patch to 1.5.7 ...I was wondering why my registration rate dropped, then I found out they dont work with CB anymore, normal joomla registration works with no problems.

15 years 7 months ago #74316 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:problems after 1.5.7 upgrade
Check your htacces... there should be some lines similar to this at the beginning of the file to enable PHP 5:
[code:1]AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php5 .php4 .php .php3 .php2 .phtml
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/youradmin/public_html[/code:1]

Also, have you modified the htaccess file from the original? If so, try changing htaccess.txt to .htaccess to try with the default settings.

and most importantly, did you enable mod_rewrite in joomla global config?

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2008/09/14 21:55

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 7 months ago #74317 by lsvf
Replied by lsvf on topic Re:problems after 1.5.7 upgrade
Bummer. I have disabled cb and installed the joomla suite user component (joomlasuite.com). It works fine. I needed cb for the extra fields in the registration form so JSuser will be okay for this site. However, I do have a few other sites that I need cb for. I hope we can get it to work with 1.5.7 as we need to upgrade for security reasons.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn