CBSubs 1.3 Mailer Sneak Preview

12 years 3 months ago #188617 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CBSubs 1.3 Mailer Sneak Preview

dotcom22 wrote:

Time scheduling is of course not limited to the examples I have given.
Scheduling is very flexible!

Excellent !! :woohoo:

Have you more less a time frame when the version 1.3 will be out ? I'm waiting impatiently also about some planned bug fix and enhanced..

thank

CBSubs 1.3.0 Beta 1 has been released a few hours ago to developer members for a beta test, and we have also installed it running now on Joomlapolis production site (yes, that's this site) yesterday, and it has been a simple upgrade and it's running smoothly for all existing features. We are now testing live new features (there is more than the mailer ;) ).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189224 by jem32
Replied by jem32 on topic Re: CBSubs 1.3 Mailer Sneak Preview
I JUST started a rather large community build this week. I wrestled with the decision on whether or not to use Joomla 1.5x or 1.7x and decided on 1.7 because the majority of the extensions I wanted were 1.7 compatible and I'd rather stay current, all things considered.

Then the DAY after I installed 1.7, CB 1.71 and the latest uddleIM, among other extensions, they upgrade Joomla to 2.5! Well, so I wrestled with that for a few hours and decided to stay on track with my 1.7 build. Too many extensions are not 2.5 compatible at this time and I know the client won't want to wait.

So NOW I get this email from you guys telling me about a GREAT feature in the CBSubs I am about to purchase... I was "just" about to buy another pro membership for my client, so I could get all your CB goodies, purchase CBSubs, and all that. Regardless to say, I am questioning my decision - again!

Please, please tell me that I will be able to use 1.3 on my 1.7 build! And if so, how long before you think it might be available? Would it be worth it to install 1.2.2 and simply upgrade in a few weeks (or whenever)? Or can I stall for a week or so and be fairly sure it will be ready? Any advice you can offer at this point would be greatly appreciated.

12 years 3 months ago #189225 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs 1.3 Mailer Sneak Preview

jem32 wrote: I JUST started a rather large community build this week. I wrestled with the decision on whether or not to use Joomla 1.5x or 1.7x and decided on 1.7 because the majority of the extensions I wanted were 1.7 compatible and I'd rather stay current, all things considered.

Then the DAY after I installed 1.7, CB 1.71 and the latest uddleIM, among other extensions, they upgrade Joomla to 2.5! Well, so I wrestled with that for a few hours and decided to stay on track with my 1.7 build. Too many extensions are not 2.5 compatible at this time and I know the client won't want to wait.

So NOW I get this email from you guys telling me about a GREAT feature in the CBSubs I am about to purchase... I was "just" about to buy another pro membership for my client, so I could get all your CB goodies, purchase CBSubs, and all that. Regardless to say, I am questioning my decision - again!

Please, please tell me that I will be able to use 1.3 on my 1.7 build! And if so, how long before you think it might be available? Would it be worth it to install 1.2.2 and simply upgrade in a few weeks (or whenever)? Or can I stall for a week or so and be fairly sure it will be ready? Any advice you can offer at this point would be greatly appreciated.

CB 1.7.1 works on all Joomla versions: 1.0.x, 1.5.x, 1.7.x and should have no issues with Joomla 2.5.

However if you are on Joomla 1.7.x (1.7.4 recommended), you should stay there until CB 1.8 is released as CB 1.8 will be tested with Joomla 2.5 (now that 2.5 is released).

CBSubs 1.3 is currently in testing (running live on Joomlapolis) and should be released very soon.

CBSubs 1.3 will run on latest CB 1.8 (when both are released) and should work just fine on Joomla 2.5 also.

Take a look at this article for more insight on how to handle Joomla 2.5:
www.joomlapolis.com/news/18249-joomla-25-and-life-cycle-guide

12 years 3 months ago #189226 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CBSubs 1.3 Mailer Sneak Preview
And yes, you can start with CBSubs 1.2.2, the upgrade to CBSubs 1.3 is easy and painless. All settings are kept, and function of existing configs stay same.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 2 months ago #189457 by jem32
Replied by jem32 on topic Re: CBSubs 1.3 Mailer Sneak Preview
Thank you so much for your advice and the link. I think I"m going to stay with my current plan and update as needed as we go.

Thanks again!

Jenni

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn