CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!

9 years 9 months ago #246821 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
You need to completely reconfigure your conditional if you delete the field. The values are stored within the params column of the field row. When you delete it then all those values are lost. Is there a particular reason you're deleting and recreating fields repeatedly?

The conditions are tied to field id and in some cases field name depending on the conditions needs. So if you're conditioning a field, you delete it, then the condition no longer matches a field that exists and you need to update the condition to point to the correct field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
9 years 9 months ago #246859 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
There is a possibility with CB Query 3 to create a SQL string which is able to populate a dropdown and at the same time to update a second field with the selected value? If I want to update a field Example: UPDATE `my field` SET `my field` = "value" works perfectly. If I want to read and write values ​​as I do? Example: UPDATE `my field` SET `my field` = (SELECT DISTINCT `field` FROM `table` WHERE `field` = "value")
Thank you.
9 years 9 months ago #246861 by krileon
CB Query Field does not do update queries or anything of the sort. It's for pulling data from the database and not adding data. No such feature is planned as it's out of the scope of the plugins purpose. For what you're wanting I suggest using CB Auto Actions and doing a Field or Query action on the after profile update and after registration triggers to update database values or field values.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
9 years 9 months ago #246877 by pasquale1980
Replied by pasquale1980 on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
Before leaving my project again explain my need to see if there is a way to make it work. I need to create a series of dropdown in cascade related to each other where the user (in this case a student) during the registration process must be able to select: the university --> the type of course --> the faculty --> the course. I can not use CB Conditional because there are many lines so too much data to handle and should create more than 100 fields with the conditions making the database would become unmanageable (attach the file of my database). Is there any way to do it? I hope so otherwise thank you very much for your dedication.
9 years 9 months ago #246890 by krileon
CB Conditional can show your Type of Course field after selecting a value for University. It can also show/hide its options to an extend as well. It can not change the values of Type of Course based off University though, such a feature doesn't exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
9 years 8 months ago #247384 by sherazi
Replied by sherazi on topic CB Query Field 3.0.0 released!
I want to fill up a city field automatically if it finds same office name already exist. Please check property.afrikaza.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=528.

Will this plugin help me to do this?

I don't get download link also .

Can u help me plz?
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn