Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

10 years 4 months ago #238283 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: hkymre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238285 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
and I am the first one to write something :cheer:

Well, great work (even though I havent tried/seen it in action) I am looking forward to the webinar! Also, please explain what happend to the versioning... was this a disgusie strategy?

I was wondering what Beats doing all the time seeing Kyle doing all the visible work.

Now please do not let us wait too long for the RC I realy realy need the new features etc...

Big thank you!

Kind regards

10 years 4 months ago #238286 by krileon

Also, please explain what happend to the versioning... was this a disgusie strategy?

Nope, nothing sneaky or disguised! We were working on CB 1.10 and CB 2.0 in parallel. In short I was working on CB 1.10 and Beat was working on CB 2.0. We got to a point where it just made sense to merge them together and release as CB 2.0.

Now please do not let us wait too long for the RC I realy realy need the new features etc...

We're discussing 3 beta phases at probably 1 week each before RC. This is of course subject to change, but that gives you some idea of a timeline.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roland, pepperstreet

10 years 4 months ago #238288 by baparks
WOW!!!
Just enough to make us drool!!!! Not fair! We were expecting a demo or something!

10 years 4 months ago #238289 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
Just got word CB 2.0 is out.

Question: I just purchased 1.9 Professional and am in the beginning stages of building my site. With everything I'm hearing about 2.0, should I just wait a few days and begin building with 2.0 instead of 1.9, or will everything just 1click upgrade. How would I go about incorporating 2.0?

Also, will it give users the option of uploading video directly to their profile as opposed to going through youtube?

Last thing. Can someone point me to a getting started video with CBP, or suggest where and how to begin. I just purchased the professional package and am trying to figure it out. (This is why I'm wondering if it would be better just to wait a few days for CB2)

Let me know
Thanks Magic

10 years 4 months ago #238291 by krileon

We were expecting a demo or something!

We'll have a demo sites ready when possible, but currently not a priority during beta build tests.

Question: I just purchased 1.9 Professional and am in the beginning stages of building my site. With everything I'm hearing about 2.0, should I just wait a few days and begin building with 2.0 instead of 1.9, or will everything just 1click upgrade. How would I go about incorporating 2.0?

There's no need to wait. CB 1.9 should upgrade to CB 2.0 without issues. I'm currently working to upgrade all of our still live incubator projects to be CB 2.0 compatible (we have backwards compatibility in CB 2.0, but jQuery usages may behave strange due to up to date jQuery library). We're also looking at 3 weeks before RC and probably a few more before Stable release so waiting may not be an option if you need to start now.

Also, will it give users the option of uploading video directly to their profile as opposed to going through youtube?

Absolutely! The video field has merged into core CB as a core fieldtype. In addition to this it has been upgraded to support uploads.

Last thing. Can someone point me to a getting started video with CBP, or suggest where and how to begin. I just purchased the professional package and am trying to figure it out. (This is why I'm wondering if it would be better just to wait a few days for CB2)

The workflows between CB 1.0 and CB 2.0 is basically the same. We tried to maintain this to allow familiarity (we didn't want everyone's past knowledge/experience to be lost). You can find CBP information below.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder/cb-quickstart-pro

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.489 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn