CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #263263 by krileon
CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released was created by krileon
This thread discusses:

Configuring CB Connect 7.x

This is a beta release that's upgraded the internal HybridAuth library to version 3 from version 2. There are quite significant changes in the library. The above goes through some of the known problems and the new requirements.

Permission parameters have been removed entirely as they were causing confusion and provided no real added benefit. How avatars are pulled has changed to cURL from fopen, which should allow avatars to come through on the majority of hosting. The buttons can now be toggled to display on the registration page directly. Each button location has its own styling parameter (registration, link, and login).

I've provided detailed up to date tutorials for configuring Facebook, Twitter, and Google. I hope this resolves some of the stability issues many have been having with CB Connect. Internal testing is looking quite promising with HybridAuth 3.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
8 years 11 months ago #263279 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released

krileon wrote: I've provided detailed up to date tutorials for configuring Facebook, Twitter, and Google. I hope this resolves some of the stability issues many have been having with CB Connect. Internal testing is looking quite promising with HybridAuth 3.

Thanks Kyle!

I will be video blogging about these as soon as CB Connect 7.0 gets completed.
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #263504 by Vasilij30
Replied by Vasilij30 on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
Describe the bug I found Community Builder 2.0 8 (Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released )Describe in detail

Did all the instructions. I need a Russian translation. Did as described in the link
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

go to the folder /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/ru-ru/cbplugin find the script file cbconnect-language.php translate the text into Russian language

Russian text is displayed on the site, all except for the buttons!!!

30: 'SIGN_IN_WITH_SITENAME' => 'Sign in with [sitename]',

change the text in Russian

'SIGN_IN_WITH_SITENAME' => 'Войти через [sitename]',

save the file and return to the server. The translation on the buttons and tooltips will not display on the site, and remains in English

here is a screen of the result

not yet translated button, everything else works!

Attachments:
8 years 10 months ago #263536 by Vasilij30
Please tell me, I forget about it a bug? You understand?
8 years 10 months ago #263562 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
The key was changed with 7.0.0. It is as follows.

'SIGN_UP_WITH_PROVIDER' => 'Sign up with [provider]'

See the below for the default strings.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/language/default_language/language.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 10 months ago #263609 by Vasilij30
I change in this file is the translation of the text

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/language/default_language/language.php

on the buttons the translation does not change. Left as it was

Where does the text on the buttons? How to translate it?
Attachments:
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn