CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released

8 years 11 months ago #263894 by catalincb
Replied by catalincb on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
I believe that is not a good idea to have a parameter for permissions because:
for example a facebook application maybe is not approved for some permissions.
But something in documentation is a good thing.
Because the first thing you do is to look in plugin folder and you see there al hybridauth .. and you say here i have to change.
I realized that is not there after i have searched for facebook.php in my joomla folder.
In rest people coould search about Hybridauth or on each page like: fb developer ..or google etc.
Anyway works faster then previous version.
I had a problem when i tryed to sign in with google and told me that the mail was already used by another user. Indeed this was the situation. The problem was that didnt aloud me to sign with google. When clicking sign in with google message: that mail is already registred or something like that. didnt aloud me to choose another google account.
But i cant reproduce the error again.
The topic has been locked.
8 years 11 months ago #264011 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
I won't be adding the permissions parameter back in. It caused more issues than it solved. I don't recommend removing permission from HybridAuth as it may, at some point, break HybridAuth functionality. It requests the bare minimum for it to utilize its API functionality, but at any rate you're welcome to adjust it with each release.

The email already in use issue is simply that. It's the same as trying to register normally with an email address already registered. It will not automatically link to a user simply because the email matches as that would be a massive security violation. For example you can tell Facebook to send whatever email address you want to the application. So if this was allowed someone could instantly can administrator access, change the email and password, then login to back. So that will never be added. I know some other connect extensions allow this, but CB Connect will not be one of them. To link accounts you need to login normally then use the link button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 5 months ago #273473 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
Where can one get this 7.x version - I cannot seem to find a download link anywhere ???
8 years 5 months ago #273486 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
It's in the Advanced downloads section. Direct link as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/downloads-single-items/doc_details/779-cb-connect-700-beta-4

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 5 months ago #273487 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released

rbuelund wrote: Where can one get this 7.x version - I cannot seem to find a download link anywhere ???

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

This is a great starting place as we keep it updated
8 years 4 months ago #274256 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
Hi

I have finished the translation of CB connect into danish - at transifex it says 100 % for site and admin - but in the lang package plug_language_danish_da-DK_2.0.12.1.0.3+89ef1b30b.zip - it only says 27% for site ???
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn