CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #277466 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 1 released
Ok, a little update on CB Connect. HybridAuth project appears to be dead or barely maintained. A massive fix to the library isn't within a reasonable time frame either. So I'll be reviewing scrapping it in the coming, days, weeks, etc.. in favor of simplified classes with direct HTTP requests to the endpoints API.

This in short means I have to rewrite the authentication part of CB Connect, again, for CB Connect 7.x. This hopefully won't take long and will be focusing on Google, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for the time being. I'll add the other providers once those 4 are stable.

I will be working to maintain backwards compatibility so it shouldn't need any reconfiguration or anything of the sort and will just function differently internally. Ideally this should also make available more profile data as I am not strictly stuck with HybridAuth profile limitations, but we'll see as first step is making this work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant
The topic has been locked.
8 years 1 month ago #277768 by krileon
New API library from scratch is progressing well. All that's left is Steam. Your application configuration should be fully B/C compatible with only Field Mapping needing to be redone (A LOT more social site fields are available to map now).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5768

Once Steam (last one to rewrite) is completed will review adding possibly other social sites. So now is the time to request them. Please note OAuth2 usages are preferred, but OAuth1 is doable depending on the implementation. OpenID should work as well (will see with Steam). Please understand I will not implement any social site that does not provide English documentation as I cannot implement what I cannot read.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
8 years 1 month ago #277910 by krileon
CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 5 is completely done. I've rewritten the entire provider code with our own library. The requirements are now the same as CBs own requirements. You shouldn't need anything special beyond that.

This also means all the providers are now working again. Currently I only have tutorials for Facebook, Twitter, and Google up to date. Other tutorials will be updated after RC 1.

At this time additional providers can still be considered. Once RC 1 is reached there will be a feature freeze so if you want to request additional providers please see my above reply regarding this.

CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 5 should be ready for release tonight or tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
8 years 1 month ago #278408 by krileon
Locking this topic. Please use the below for further discussion.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/232874-cb-connect-700-beta-5-released

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn