CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 5 released

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #277974 by krileon
CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 5 released was created by krileon
This is a huge milestone for CB Connect. The HybridAuth API library has been completely removed in favor of our own lightweight API library. Beta 5 brings back full functionality for all the following providers.

Facebook
Twitter
Google
Foursquare
GitHub
VKontakte
LinkedIn
Windows Live
Instagram
Steam

Your existing configurations should continue to work fine. The exception being field mapping for each provider under the Registration tab of their configuration. All fields returned by a social sites user API call are now available to map. This significantly increases the number of fields available based off the provider.

Additionally permissions parameters are back. I do not recommend changing the permissions unless you need to request a field that needs it or you intend to use the new API to make your own API calls.

With the rewritten library it's significantly easier to maintain and implement OAuth1, OAuth2, and OpenID providers. So additional providers can be request at this time up until RC1 where CB Connect 7.x will be feature locked. The following providers are currently being reviewed for implementation.

Disqus
Stackoverflow
Tumblr
TwitchTV
Reddit

I highly prefer OAuth2 providers as they're easier to implement and maintain, but either of the 3 will be fine assuming the provider has well documented API. Please note if a provider is not in English and does not provide English documentation it will not be implemented, sorry.

Please note configuration instructions will be provided for the more popular providers while the others may be left to the providers own documentation. See the below for current configuration information.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x

NOTICE! CB Connect 7.x is a BETA. If you are not prepared for issues or can not accept the above current state of CB Connect 7.x then do not use it. If you have any issues please post to the support forums. Do not post support requests here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #277982 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect 7.0.0 Beta 5 released
Reddit provider has now been implemented for RC 1. The following are now currently under review.

PayPal
Amazon
Yahoo
Pinterest
Stack Exchange
TwitchTV

You can monitor progress on our forge below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-cbconnect/issues

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

8 years 1 month ago #278033 by krileon
Twitch provider has now been implemented for RC 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 1 month ago #278039 by krileon
Stack Exchange provider has now been implemented for RC 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 1 month ago #278189 by krileon
Pinterest provider has now been implemented for RC 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

8 years 1 month ago #278195 by krileon
Amazon provider has now been implemented for RC 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.506 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn