Client side image resizing and cropping

7 years 5 months ago #286764 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoaoTapuia

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #286765 by peli_m
Replied by peli_m on topic Client side image resizing and cropping
Great news!. It will save me a lot of work. When will it be available?

7 years 5 months ago #286766 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Client side image resizing and cropping

peli_m wrote: Great news!. It will save me a lot of work. When will it be available?

It is already available in latest build.

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #286768 by peli_m
In computers It works like a charm in Edit your details area. It doesn't work in Ajax mode: it resize the image but not cropp it.

In tablets (iPad) and Android phones it seems doesn't work: Its not possible to move the area to crop and the image is resized but it isn't cropped. The image can be taken from the camera of the movile device on the fly, which is wonderful :woohoo: .

Thank you very much for your develop and support. It is a major improvement.

7 years 5 months ago #286777 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Client side image resizing and cropping

It doesn't work in Ajax mode: it resize the image but not cropp it.

Correct, it's done via a validation rule, which seam to be broken in the ajax usage entirely. Have added a bug ticket to fix in CB Core Fields Ajax.

In tablets (iPad) and Android phones it seems doesn't work: Its not possible to move the area to crop and the image is resized but it isn't cropped. The image can be taken from the camera of the movile device on the fly, which is wonderful :woohoo: .

It's using jQuery UI draggable, but looks like it's only listening to mouse events and not the touch events. Have added a bug ticket to investigate further. Looks like we may have to add another core jQuery plugin to give jQuery UI mobile compatibility or I'll just map those events in the jQuery usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

7 years 5 months ago #286819 by peli_m
Thank you for your answer

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn