What should my next video tutorial be?

6 years 7 months ago #296610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What should my next video tutorial be?

JoaoTapuia wrote: Hi, Nick. Great initiative.
My request and suggestion:

- Notifications for Activity feed.

Thanks.

Can you clarify what you mean by notifications? Do you mean a notification that someone commented on your activity, when one of your connections creates an activity entry, or do you mean the notifications functionality in CB Activity.

If you mean the notifications functionality in CB Activity it frankly is not done. While it does work you'd need to make custom CB Auto Actions to generate such activity entries. I will be redoing how notifications are stored in CB Activity 5.0.0 to make it more usable. If you mean a notification when someone comments on your activity that is now doable with the new triggers implemented in CB Activity 4.0.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296721 by JoaoTapuia
Replied by JoaoTapuia on topic What should my next video tutorial be?

If you mean the notifications functionality in CB Activity it frankly is not done. While it does work you'd need to make custom CB Auto Actions to generate such activity entries. I will be redoing how notifications are stored in CB Activity 5.0.0 to make it more usable.

Exactly, Kyle. I would like a video explaining how to use notifications in CB Activity in the current stage (with triggers of CB Auto Actions).
Or is it better to wait for a CB Activity 5.0 to use on a production site?

If you mean a notification when someone comments on your activity that is now doable with the new triggers implemented in CB Activity 4.0.0.

Also. I still do not know how to use this feature ( is it with CB Activity module ?).
I would like a video explaining how to use it.

In CB Activity's Youtube playlist (www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7Nd1zDCB-fJFvR10H5mTgEF) has only two very basic (but fundamental) videos, which - I think - do not exploit all the "potentialities" of this addon, which I consider to be the most important in a social network.
The videos in this playlist show the features of CB Activity 3.0 .
After this release, we had important and very useful features implemented with CB Activity 4.0 (www.joomlapolis.com/news/18725-cb-activity-4-0-released-along-with-3-more-supporting-add-ons) which I think are worth a new series of videos.

Thank you, Kyle and Nick, for the great work.
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296726 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What should my next video tutorial be?

Exactly, Kyle. I would like a video explaining how to use notifications in CB Activity in the current stage (with triggers of CB Auto Actions).
Or is it better to wait for a CB Activity 5.0 to use on a production site?

Any activity generated with the asset prefixed with "notification.USER_ID" with the USER_ID being the user receiving the notification will be treated as a notification. That's basically all there is to it. However there are no notifications from system, which will be coming in CB Activity 5.0.0 (basically a notification from the site and not any specific user). You can use this now to generate notifications, but it's going to be a lot easier with 5.0.0 and a lot more database efficient since the notification prefix causes mixed content (activity and notifications in the same database table).

Also. I still do not know how to use this feature ( is it with CB Activity module ?).

It's a new trigger. Specifically activity_onAfterCreateStreamComment. The variables are as follows.

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'activity_onAfterCreateStreamComment', array( $stream, $source, $row ) );

This means var1 is the comment stream object. var2 is the comment source (what is being commented on). var3 is the actual comment object. So if you wanted to set an email to the activity owner when someone comments on it you'd set the To value for the email action to [var2_user_id] and the From value to [var3_user_id].

I would like a video explaining how to use it.

A video isn't going to really help you with either use case. They're too advanced and too subjective to their context. A text based tutorial would be a better approach for something like this, but that's up to Nick if he'd still like to do a video for this functionality. My recommendation is wait for CB Activity 5.0.0 where I'll have system actions implemented in CB Auto Actions to handle notifications, which would at least make it easier to explain in a video since there will be several examples available.

After this release, we had important and very useful features implemented with CB Activity 4.0 ( www.joomlapolis.com/news/18725-cb-activity-4-0-released-along-with-3-more-supporting-add-ons ) which I think are worth a new series of videos.

A new video regarding uploading from CB Activity powered by CB Gallery would be great.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, JoaoTapuia

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296732 by JoaoTapuia
Replied by JoaoTapuia on topic What should my next video tutorial be?
Hi, Kyle, thanks for your explanations.

A video isn't going to really help you with either use case. They're too advanced and too subjective to their context. A text based tutorial would be a better approach for something like this, but that's up to Nick if he'd still like to do a video for this functionality. My recommendation is wait for CB Activity 5.0.0 where I'll have system actions implemented in CB Auto Actions to handle notifications, which would at least make it easier to explain in a video since there will be several examples available.

I agree. Let's wait for CB Activity 5.0 .

A new video regarding uploading from CB Activity powered by CB Gallery would be great.

In this case, I also agree and I am with you (What's up, Nick? Kyle's request has weight).

I would then like to amend my request to Nick, for the next video address this subject (uploading from CB Activity powered by CB Gallery).
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 7 months ago #296748 by nant
Replied by nant on topic What should my next video tutorial be?

JoaoTapuia wrote: Hi, Nick. Great initiative.
My request and suggestion:

- Notifications for Activity feed.

Thanks.

Thanks for submission - I believe there is still some development needed before such a tutorial makes sense.

6 years 7 months ago #296749 by nant
Replied by nant on topic What should my next video tutorial be?

timstohr wrote: May be a bit advanced but "how do you make it so that the tabs hiding behind the three lines button (when seeing it on mobile), do NOT hide behind the three buttons but are always visible"

Thanks for submission.

I am not sure if this would be a tutorial or a css lesson.
I would have to investigate.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn