What am I working on?

4 years 6 months ago #314544 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314545 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What am I working on?
The new Education section is nearly complete. Afterwards will be a Work section. Both will be using the Field Groups plugin allowing for easy entry of multiple schools and workplaces. Below is the current design.

You'll be able to supply the school name, start year (optional), end year (optional), if graduated (checkbox), a description of your time there (e.g. degree, major, school activities, etc..), and optionally a school logo.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

4 years 6 months ago #314783 by krileon
The Work section is now complete! You'll notice below it's similar to the Education section. Sorry for the delay, but just moved from 1 state to another so was away for a little bit.

Edit

Display

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

4 years 5 months ago #315205 by krileon
CB Quickstart is now a CB plugin instead of just an install script. What this means is we'll have version tracking for quickstart. It will also only reconfigure your install on its first initial install. You can then manually trigger the reconfiguration with a simple button click under the plugins name in CB > Plugin Management. This should help avoid accidental reconfiguration and allow for updating the configuration if you so choose.

Next up is the Religion field is now implemented allowing selection on your preferred religion(s) or adding your own. Gender and Interested In fields are now just simple Tag fields allowing selection of one or more identities. There is also a Language field to select from one or more (it's also a Tag field) known top languages or you can enter your own.

Political field is also planned. More improvements are still one the way as the plugin progresses. We of course also open to suggestions if there's any features you believe, that can be accomplished with our plugins, a basic social platform should have.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 years 4 months ago #315396 by krileon
Quickstart profile data configuration is completed. Next is the initial menu structure to make it easier for a fresh install to begin navigating the community. Below is a sample of current progress (note viewing user is a CB Moderator while logged in).

Once the menu structure is completed a default userlist will be created to provide a nice searchable list of site members. In addition to this quickstart will swap your Joomla login modules for CB login modules to make it even easier for an install to be CB ready. We want this to be as close to "drop into your site and you're CB ready" as possible!

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago #315485 by krileon
The quickstart userlist is now completed. This will be a preconfigured userlist using the grid layout. It provides searching on useful quickstart profile details fields and has customized column configuration for a clean look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn