Community Builder 2.4.7 Released!

3 years 5 months ago #321462 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic Community Builder 2.4.7 Released!
Hello, what about a planning of CB for Wordpress?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #321471 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.4.7 Released!

crealiagroup wrote: Hello, what about a planning of CB for Wordpress?

That won't be for awhile, but ideally yes we'd like to support Wordpress and Standalone solutions. It's so far off though I can't really give any specifics. We need to implement Symfony components and effectively rewrite all of CB first, which is the primary goal of next years development.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crealiagroup

3 years 4 months ago #321559 by stimpy
Replied by stimpy on topic Community Builder 2.4.7 Released!
I don't understand the password unmasking feature. That is: why just one password field? Suppose you accidentally make a typo in your password. A second password field would detect this, before saving.

3 years 4 months ago #321561 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder 2.4.7 Released!

That is: why just one password field?

Verify input behavior has been around long enough for the UX of it to be studied and the results are basically that it's a pointless field. Statistically the vast majority of people actually get their password correct the first time and actually typo it the second time in the verify input field. This creates doubt and the end result is users have to clear both fields and type their password yet again if you don't end up just losing the user entirely. This is all avoided by simply toggling visibility of the password to verify its value and if they did manage to type it wrong they can recover with forgot login, but statistically the chance of that happening is little to none since again people get their passwords right the first time basically 99% of the time. Given we're in a world of modern password managers as well people often aren't typing their passwords either.

Suppose you accidentally make a typo in your password. A second password field would detect this, before saving.

They can unmask the password to check it if unsure. Worst case they use forgot login to reset it.

With all that said the verify input field is not going away and by all means continue to use it if you want to. The unmasking feature is also entirely optional, but is default enabled so simply disable it if you do not want it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.903 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn