What Am I Working On?

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #331345 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What Am I Working On?
Been awhile! Things are still moving along. The vast majority of the core code rewrite is now complete.

Nearly all of CB GroupJive activity and notification handling is now in the core. Once that's done CB Gallery will be moved to core as well as privacy control integration with CB Privacy moved to core.

Once that's complete an official Alpha 1 will be release. Alpha 1 will contain no migration code and will block upgrades of existing installs. Beta 1 will have migration code, but should not be used for production. If that goes well we can move into RC 1 or into a stable release. Still got a lot of coding ahead of me, but things are looking good.

In addition to this custom activity has never been easier. There's a new "custom" folder in the "activity" template folder that will easily let you add custom activity display for any activity you want. You can also override the core activity from there as well. The same applies for notifications.

Also performance has yet again been improved even further with more optimal prefetching queries. The number of queries has been reduced by roughly 30%. The prefetching queries have all been further optimized using more accurate indexes further improving their performance as well. The database has been padded to over 10 MILLION activity entries and is running smoothly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331361 by krileon
Another quick update. A custom WYSIWYG editor is being put together for CB Activity finally. Currently when making a post it's just a textarea input. This will now become a contenteditable div that shows you an exact or close to exact preview of what your post will look like. Example as follows.

To:

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

1 year 5 months ago #331572 by krileon
The new live preview for mentions almost complete. A lot of improvements made to the JavaScript to make this possible. Below is how it currently looks. Still subject to some further design improvements. The inserted mentions do have unique CSS so they can be restyled as needed as well.

Autocomplete

Selected

As you can see you've a full autocomplete built in. This will search site wide for any user for mentioning. This can be customized to mention: all users, connections only, or moderators only (useful for helpdesk like usecases!).

This should be feature complete sometime next week and then the live preview of hashtags can be implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

1 year 1 month ago #332991 by krileon
Just another update. I've had to pause a week here and there to work on other plugins, but CB Activity is still progressing. Relational tables for mentions, tags, hashtags, and liked activity are now implemented. These tables are hyper optimized to contain simple pointers. What this means is it's possible to filter a stream down to all posts you were mentioned in, all posts you were tagged in, all posts with a specific hashtag, and all posts you've explicitly liked. This is all done blazing fast against a table with MILLIONS of rows so rest assured it will scale.

In addition to this the mentioned behavior shown above is finalized. Hashtags also now has an autocomplete just like mentions. The contenteditable behavior of the activity post has also been finalized. Other sites and solutions use bulky WYSIWYG editors loading tons and tons of JS, but CB Activity is using a scratch made solution that's light and blazing fast!

The filtering behavior for activity streams has also been finalized. You can setup as many filters as you need, set access for them, and restrict them to stream owner. Filters can filter by asset, by stream id, and by user ids. They can be named whatever you like and you control the default filter (the All filter) for streams.

Still a lot more to do, but our ticket tracker below is looking more and more done!

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-activity/issues

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, webiedesign

1 year 1 month ago #333020 by krileon
Stream filters now support excluding. This will let you exclude specific assets, streams, and users from outputting in that filter.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

1 year 4 weeks ago #333255 by krileon
I've been hard at work rewriting the Links feature to be more familiar to users. They won't need to use +/- buttons anymore. Simply add a link to the post and it'll detect it. Below is the current progress for link previews.

You'll be able to close out the preview if you don't want it in your post and can toggle the image on/off as desired. YouTube and Vimeo support is built in. Automatic detection of image, video, audio, and files (e.g. PDF) is also built in. Standard URLs (e.g. just linking to a non-media URL) is also supported. A generic oEmbed parser is implemented so we can quickly and easily add new URL parsing behavior for any site that supports oEmbed. Several more core domains are also planned (e.g. Twitch) to handle their embeds.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn