CBLogin colour?

15 years 6 months ago #76958 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
Thanks for testing and confirming, ckayfish, that helps B)

being curious too, quickly checked source code, and all 'class=' of the CB login module have the $class_sfx ...

e.g.
[code:1]<?php
echo '<a href="'.$loginPost.'" class="mod_login'.$class_sfx.'">';
[/code:1]

Could you please show which portion of the html output is missing that ?
(and optionally propose the fix ?)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76961 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
I've looked through the plugin's php file, and so far havent nothing jumps out, but I'm may keep looking when I have time.

The difference in the redered HTML is in the first 2 DIV statement that begin the module. I have set my suffix in the module parameters as "black"

When logged it the first two lines of the module are:

[code:1] <div class="mod-black">
<div class="module ">[/code:1]
When logged out they are:

[code:1] <div class="mod-default">
<div class="module default">[/code:1]

When logged out other items have the suffix, but I'm not sure if it is being used properly:

For example, the ID of the login form.

With suffix=black (while logged out):
[code:1]<form action="www.nunavutonline.com/Log-yourself-in.html" method="post" id="mod_loginformblack" style="margin:0px;">[/code:1]
With suffix left empty (while logged out):
[code:1]<form action="www.nunavutonline.com/Log-yourself-in.html" method="post" id="mod_loginform" style="margin:0px;">[/code:1]
To ensure it wasnt a Joomla! issue, I set the suffix of two other different types of modules in the same page section (left column) to suffix=black and their HTML is the same as the first code example whether logged in or out.

If in these same two other modules (and cb_login) if I leave the suffix empty, they show up the same as the second example in the rendered HTML whether logged in or out.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

15 years 6 months ago #76964 by RupertTHEbare
Replied by RupertTHEbare on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
Well, well, well. Thank goodness someone is the "curious sort".

And the helpful sort too... ;)

RTB.

CB v1.2 RC3
Joomla! 1.5.7 Production/Stable [Wovusani] 9-September-2008 23:00 GMT
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h PHP/5.2.6
XAMPP for Windows v1.6.7 MySQL database v5.0.51b
Windows NT 6.0 (Vista) build 6001 SP1

15 years 6 months ago #76967 by ckayfish
RupertTHEbare wrote:

Well, well, well. Thank goodness someone is the "curious sort".

And the helpful sort too... ;)

RTB.

You're not being fair to Beat and krileon; both of them have provided tonnes of help to many, many people.

If you need to count on a bug free version (as bug free as possible) you may want to stick with the stable releases, in this case 1.1

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.

15 years 6 months ago #76971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
I apologize for not being very helpful. Normally I'd have jumped on this and tried to help you, but seeing it wasn't a critical issue and you decided not to provide anymore information I moved on.

Launching my site so under a lot of stress and can't be bothered to help someone that doesn't want the help.

I believe you misunderstood my first post, which was basically me posting about not understanding what your problem was. My apologies, but as you say you've un-installed CB I don't understand your reasoning to coming back and making snide comments.

We're all just one big community trying to help one another. None of us are being paid to help you and we all have projects of our own.

You're using a non-stable version of CB and problems are expected.

ckayfish, GJ on catching this. I too will look into this problem as I've got a large sum of free time while 400mbs of data uploads to my host, lol. Something like this never occurred to me as I do not have any color changes made.

*Edit*
Locate: mod_cblogin.php in your modules folder.

Find line 129
[code:1]
$class_sfx = "";

I believe this is the problem. It appears there are 2 copies of the vars being pulled. 1 for logged in. 1 for logged out.

Change this line to:
[code:1]
$class_sfx = $params->get( 'moduleclass_sfx', ""«»);

And see what happens.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/11 04:58

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76973 by ckayfish
I had seen that, but I didn't try this change at first for 2 reasons (mostly the first)

1. From my last post...

When logged out other items have the suffix

For example, the ID of the login form.

With suffix=black (while logged out):

<form action="www.nunavutonline.com/Log-yourself-in.html" method="post" id="mod_loginformblack" style="margin:0px;">

and 2. The if statement that decided which variables are set didnt seem related
[code:1]if (is_callable(array($params,"get"«»)))[/code:1]

I tried it any way just in case with no difference.

I've never created a module, but I noticed that the first echo statment (if cb is installed) in mod_cblogin.php is for the form. It doesnt create the title of the module or the stuff above it. For some reason Joomla (specifically my installations) is gettgin the suffix parameter if logged in (regular user or admin), but not while logged out.

Edit - I should point out that this is not an issue for me since I don't intend to use a class suffix for this module, but like many others here I like to help out when I can. I'm not a php developer, but understand the code, am very knowledgable with HTML & CSS, am fairly experienced with Joomla! and have a background in QA (Quality Assurance)

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2008/10/11 05:20

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds