CBLogin colour?

15 years 6 months ago #76987 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
This is very interesting, lol.

The suffix is clearly placed properly within the modules php, but it's not working when logged out. It makes no sense. There has to be some sort of check being done before the var is defined seeing if the person is a user or not. Perhaps the issue is not in the modules PHP, but rather in 1 of the many files the module is set to include/require.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76989 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
Where is the very first DIV statement of a (any) module generated in Joomla 1.5.x? Even before the module title. This is one of the oddest rendering issues I've ever seen, which makes me very curious to what it could be.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

15 years 6 months ago #76991 by krileon
I'm still on 1.0, but I have no idea. I've weeded through the entire modules PHP and didn't see anything wrong. All the prefix calls are where they should be. I even located the exact line of code that's outputting the form you showed in your previous posts.

So I have no idea what's going on.

Maybe digging out an older version of the login module and doing a side by side would be helpful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 6 months ago #76995 by RupertTHEbare
Replied by RupertTHEbare on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
ckayfish wrote:

RupertTHEbare wrote:

Well, well, well. Thank goodness someone is the "curious sort".

And the helpful sort too... ;)

RTB.

You're not being fair to Beat and krileon; both of them have provided tonnes of help to many, many people.

You are quite right of course. I can only speak to my own personal experience.

If you need to count on a bug free version (as bug free as possible) you may want to stick with the stable releases, in this case 1.1

I didn't think CB 1.1 runs with J!1.5.7, and if that is so, then its not an option.

Besides, I am not looking for a bug-free version; just a little help and not to be dismissed or ignored when I find a bug, prove its existence empirically and post in here.

I am just happy that now, others far more technically astute than I, can also see the problem.

RTB.

CB v1.2 RC3
Joomla! 1.5.7 Production/Stable [Wovusani] 9-September-2008 23:00 GMT
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h PHP/5.2.6
XAMPP for Windows v1.6.7 MySQL database v5.0.51b
Windows NT 6.0 (Vista) build 6001 SP1

15 years 6 months ago #77063 by RupertTHEbare
Replied by RupertTHEbare on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
krileon wrote:

I apologize for not being very helpful. Normally I'd have jumped on this and tried to help you, but seeing it wasn't a critical issue and you decided not to provide anymore information I moved on.

No need to apologize. All I ever wanted was someone to acknowledge that they could see there was a real problem and try, if they could, to help me fix it. Anyway, since that has now happened, I have re-installed CB RC1.3 and the darndest thing's happened... CBLogin now works as it should and responds to the Module Class Suffix whether I am logged on or not.

So now the tables are turned -- you have the problem and I don't.

Is there anything I can do to help you?

RTB.

CB v1.2 RC3
Joomla! 1.5.7 Production/Stable [Wovusani] 9-September-2008 23:00 GMT
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h PHP/5.2.6
XAMPP for Windows v1.6.7 MySQL database v5.0.51b
Windows NT 6.0 (Vista) build 6001 SP1

15 years 6 months ago #77064 by krileon
lol, well I don't have the problem. Mine actually works fine, but not sure why others aren't.

Possibly just a bad install. Who knows really, lol.

Glad it's all fixed for you now though.

Welcome back and hope your experience is more enjoyable this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds