CBLogin colour?

15 years 6 months ago #76895 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
Am I the only one that's noticing 1.5 is having troubles left and right and it's not just with CB.

I've got 2 copies of my site. 1 is on 1.5 and the other is 1.0. I did this to see a comparison of speed, bugs, features, etc.

I've noticed 1.5 is significantly slower and on top of that half the crap that works in 1.0 won't work in 1.5.

Maybe it's just me, but I wish joomla didn't do a core rewrite with 1.5 and just went with what they had or at least made much better cross compatibility.

Anyway, I don't really get what your problem is. You're wanting to change the colors of the login module? That's not hard to do... Just add the style to the module. If that doesn't work then open the php file for the module and style it manually.

He was trying to help you and you're throwing a kiddy fit. No one can help you if you don't provide the means for us to do so. If we can't duplicate your problem then you need to show us your problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #76933 by RupertTHEbare
Replied by RupertTHEbare on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
And if we followed your line of reasoning, we'd all still be banging the rocks together... :P

Of course there will be differences and improvements yet to be realised in this or any improved version, both in Joomla! and CB, but that is not a valid reason for letting everyone else deal with all the crap and only using a new version when the rough spots have been ironed out, in my opinion.

What do you think... that Joomla! 1.0 just spontaneuously happened without prior months of effort from users and testers on sites like this? How would it be if they just took your advice and stuck with the 0.9 beta?

If you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen quite clearly what the problem is. Not that I wanted to change the colour, but that it is the only login module I have found that doesn't change its colour when all others do.

And no, to be correct, he wasn't trying to help me. He was telling me he had not recieved the several emails and PMs I have sent him, which was of no help at all of course. The help would have come later, if at all.

There's no "kiddy fit" involved here, well not on my part anyway, simply that I just can't be bothered to wait until the project gets round to providing some simple assistance, which is what I thought I was entightled to when I paid to join. I'll just use one of the many login modules (which includes the Joomla! 1.5.7 module, by the way), which does work as it should, until they get round to acknowledging the problem with the CBLogin module and fix it.

Then, at that time, maybe I will think of re-installing CB or simply use something else. I'll see how far CB improves in the meantime.

RTB.

CB v1.2 RC3
Joomla! 1.5.7 Production/Stable [Wovusani] 9-September-2008 23:00 GMT
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h PHP/5.2.6
XAMPP for Windows v1.6.7 MySQL database v5.0.51b
Windows NT 6.0 (Vista) build 6001 SP1

15 years 6 months ago #76937 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
RupertTHEbare wrote:

... the project gets round to providing some simple assistance, which is what I thought I was entightled to when I paid to join. ....

Sorry if you thought that, but the membership clearly doesn't include 1 or 3 or 5 or even 30 days support SLA. Maybe we should launch such professional services, but the yearly fee would very obviously be quite different. :D

Free forum community support by community are included in the free joomlapolitan membership.

Yes, I got your PM, yes i opened a task for that, and yes I was going to check that on the url (Oh no, no url in PM :( ) you PMed me (sorry didn't get your email, but that may well happen as my hungry spam-filter gets over 3000 spams per...day !). But I had other tasks which came before, and some more urgent ones than simply a wrong color that came after that.

As you uninstalled, and nobody else complained for this problem, i closed that task as "not a cb bug", and deleted your details PMed. Well it wasn't a detailed PM, just saying that i should PM you when ready to test...to just be able to look at a webpage with firebug ?!!!

Anyway, it doesn't need to be me doing that :D : please help yourself: you can download yourself getfirebug.com from within firefox, 3 clicks: activate, then click inspect, then click on the wrong color and see what's wrong. Then you can easily try fix from browser, and report back the needed fix. :) ... chances are 99% the fix is in your template, as nobody else had this problem.

Or hire a professional joomla service to do that easy task for you ;)

Anyway enough time lost in this thread...back to CB 1.2...

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/10/10 21:46

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 6 months ago #76946 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
When you look at the rendered HTML (source) when not logged in, does the module class show the suffix?

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

15 years 6 months ago #76948 by RupertTHEbare
Replied by RupertTHEbare on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
Thank you for trying to help (rather than pretending to help and giving yourself all the excuses why not), but I have now uninstalled CB.

I may return to it at a later date but I have a suspicion I won't.

Again, many thanks for this real attempt at help.

RTB.

CB v1.2 RC3
Joomla! 1.5.7 Production/Stable [Wovusani] 9-September-2008 23:00 GMT
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h PHP/5.2.6
XAMPP for Windows v1.6.7 MySQL database v5.0.51b
Windows NT 6.0 (Vista) build 6001 SP1

15 years 6 months ago #76956 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:CBLogin colour?
I'm the currious sort, so tested this myself.

By checking the rendered HTML, I can confirm that when the module displays while not logged it, it does not pass the module class suffix. When you are logged in, the module does pass the class suffix.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds