JoomlaJoe's CB Profile Book live on Joomlapolis!

18 years 3 months ago #3515 by nant
This thread discusses the Content article: JoomlaJoe's CB Profile Book live on Joomlapolis!

JJ/MJ - I would like to start-off this thread with a huge thank you!
This plugin has been an inspiration for me and by studying it I feel that in a short time I will be able to get my hands dirty with my own plugin development!

For the rest of the Joomlapolitans I have attached an image with the backend parameters of the plugin (the frontend we can see via the edit profile menu item in our profile).

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/01/11 18:06

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/01/12 14:07

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/01/12 14:15
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3522 by rick
I agree this is a great plugin, thanks for all you do JJ. I have one minor suggestion. I was wondering how hard / feasable would it be to allow the author of an entry to edit it? The reason I ask is that after you make an entry if you realize that you made a mistake it is there forever and for all to see for eternity.

I only bring this up because I posted on yours then noticed after the submission the rating. For some reason I did not notice this while putting the post together so instead of the resounding 5 that I would have liked to give you it defaulted to 3.

Thanks for all that you and your team do for the rest of the Joomla Community.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #3524 by dsendecki
I did the exact same thing on Nant's profile! I only gave him 3/5 -- if I could have edited it would have been 5/5 B)

18 years 3 months ago #3532 by nant
The current functionality permits multiple signing by the same user. The profile book owner can chose to unpublish an entry or even delete it. Allowing the signer to edit his entry is something I personally dont want. It will cause chaos when you allow anonymous posting (this is if you allow public viewing of profiles).

18 years 3 months ago #3542 by hedingsi
i would like a option to hide the e-mail address from the users. for my site i have to hide the e-mail for privacy reasons. is there any possibility to do this?

18 years 3 months ago #3543 by rick
Hedingsi,

The plugin does not show any email addresses, if you click on the email link it only displays an email form. So the users on the front-end never see your actual email address.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn