Almost done configuring but...

15 years 4 months ago #84730 by uberweiss
Almost done configuring but... was created by uberweiss
i have some minor issues. Which i think can be fixed via the backoffice, im just not sure where to look.

Every time my users want to edit/update their profile the fields Username and email adress always shows as empty.

how do i get the CB to save/remember these in editing mode?

Post edited by: uberweiss, at: 2009/01/09 11:29

Post edited by: uberweiss, at: 2009/01/09 11:29
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #84758 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...
They should be saved. Is this on first visit to edit profile or does it do this consistently?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #84990 by uberweiss
Replied by uberweiss on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...
It is consistantly...

15 years 4 months ago #85002 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...
uberweiss wrote:

It is consistantly...

run all cb tools checks and report back

turn on debug and try saving ans report back messages

check error logs and report back findings

15 years 4 months ago #85023 by uberweiss
Replied by uberweiss on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...
Hi.

I ran the CB tools, it said everything was ok.. (all green)

The debug page when updating looked fine to my untrained eye (but i've attached it anyways).

and the log only showed me when users didn't log in right.

[code:1]2009-01-12 09:08:39 - 89.97.44.22 FAILURE: User does not exist
2009-01-12 09:46:24 - 212.205.82.79 FAILURE: User does not exist
2009-01-12 10:19:17 - 192.168.10.15 FAILURE: Invalid password
[/code:1]

Attachment debug.zip not found

but what i really don't get is that if a create a new email field, it saves the data i type into that one...
So is there some place in the default_language.php where i can change the email referance from the original field the email-field i created?

Post edited by: uberweiss, at: 2009/01/12 15:06
Attachments:

15 years 4 months ago #85031 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...
So you're using a custom e-mail/username field instead of the defaults created?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn