Almost done configuring but...

15 years 3 months ago #85186 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...
Did you migrate from J1.0 to J1.5?
PHP Version?
MySQL Version?
What fields are you using for name display? formatname, name, first name, middle name, last name, username?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85299 by uberweiss
Replied by uberweiss on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...

Did you migrate from J1.0 to J1.5?

No. I started in J1.53 (i think) and are now running 1.5.8 (haven't installed J1.5.9 yet.

PHP Version?

PHP 5.1.4

MySQL Version?

5.0.51b-community-nt MySQL Community Edition (GPL)

What fields are you using for name display? formatname, name, first name, middle name, last name, username?

In configuration manager |general it says
Name style: First and last name field
Name Format User Username only
Email handling Display Emauil w/mailTo link

in the fields management it shows (all is X unless told so)
firstname (1 line), published
midllename all red X'es
lastname (1 line), published
name All red X'es
Username required, (1 line), published
email required, (1 line), published

I ran the tools again, and noticed in the cb fields checker eventhough it showed green, didn't check some of the fields including the two fields im having problems with.
it says
[code:1]
Table #__users Column email exists but is not of strict type, so not checked.

Table #__users Column username exists but is not of strict type, so not checked.
[/code:1]

Oh, i don't think the headline issue that is directed here is the same as the issue that is currently being fixed here. (NOT showing email and username in user editing mode)....
So maybe these two issues should be seperated?

Post edited by: uberweiss, at: 2009/01/14 10:27

Post edited by: uberweiss, at: 2009/01/14 10:30
Attachments:

15 years 3 months ago #85300 by okhansen
Replied by okhansen on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...
(Continued from RC3 discussion www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=38&func=view&catid=64&id=85296#85296)
Well, I did upgrade from CB 1.1 to CB 1.5 RC4.

It did work for me in 1.1, so I don't know why I got the problem.

However, I can see that uberwiss and I, both are from Denmark.

I have created my own languageplugin, which is not 100% finished yet. As long as I can remember, special Dannish characters has coursed problems in IT-systems. Is it possible, that our problem is here?

Best regards

Ole

15 years 3 months ago #85330 by krileon
Are any of you using special characters? Please revert to default language (english) and settings. Slowly change and check each thing (reverting back to your current settings) one at a time until the issue resurfaces.

Try re-upgrading (using expert copy & paste) then running CB tools.

Are the values being entered in the input boxes being saved to the database upon updating the profile?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #85333 by uberweiss
Replied by uberweiss on topic Re:Almost done configuring but...

Are any of you using special characters? Please revert to default language (english) and settings. Slowly change and check each thing (reverting back to your current settings) one at a time until the issue resurfaces.

nope

Are the values being entered in the input boxes being saved to the database upon updating the profile?

it looks like it, because in backoffice the email changes if i type in another email adress...

Try re-upgrading (using expert copy & paste) then running CB tools.

I assume you mean for the other guy who did upgrade from j1.0 to j1.5

anyways I ran the tools again, and noticed in the cb fields checker eventhough it showed green, didn't check some of the fields including the two fields im having problems with.

[code:1]Table #__users Column email exists but is not of strict type, so not checked.

Table #__users Column username exists but is not of strict type, so not checked.[/code:1]

15 years 3 months ago #85338 by krileon
Check your database. These 2 fields should be:
Username = varchar(25)
Email = varchar(100)

Did any of you happen to use anything that messes with the ACL tables? Changes registration or login, etc. Before using CB?

I can not replicate this problem on a fresh install or on current installs, but neither install has altered the ACL tables.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/01/14 14:20

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn