using LDAP

15 years 3 months ago #86358 by yellowdog
using LDAP was created by yellowdog
Hi i'm using LDAP plugin which ias working fine with our AD and CB see's the user but I have to go into the user list and confirm them otherwise they see the message that the user is not confimed.
This is for a private intranet so secuirty isn't a big problem here.

Any ideas as to how i can make so that the users are auto confirmed.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #86364 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:using LDAP
CB 1.2 RC 4 ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #86367 by interactivar
Replied by interactivar on topic Re:using LDAP
Hi,

I am also using LDAP with CB 1.2 RC 4.
I also have to confirm the user by hand which would be not a big deal, but I can't just approve a new user and leave the entry with "save"! It seems like that via LDAP only the username and the e-mail is transfered to the joomla user database, so I have to manualy add name and surname before I can approve and save?
Do you have the same issue, or did you find a way to transfer name and surname via LDAP as well?

Edit: Actually I could make the fields Name and Lastname "not requiered" to solve this...

Cheers!

Post edited by: interactivar, at: 2009/01/23 16:19

Post edited by: interactivar, at: 2009/01/23 16:25

15 years 3 months ago #86368 by yellowdog
Replied by yellowdog on topic Re:using LDAP
Yes RC4.
To make CB take the name and surname I changed the name style setting in the general tab to single name field.

15 years 3 months ago #86369 by beat
interactivar wrote:

Hi,

I am also using LDAP with CB 1.2 RC 4.
I also have to confirm the user by hand which would be not a big deal, but I can't just approve a new user and leave the entry with "save"! It seems like that via LDAP only the username and the e-mail is transfered to the joomla user database, so I have to manualy add name and surname before I can approve and save?
Do you have the same issue, or did you find a way to transfer name and surname via LDAP as well?

Cheers!

Post edited by: interactivar, at: 2009/01/23 16:19

Thanks for feedback.

Let's try to solve that very quickly in the next hour or so :P

Please try following on a testclone of your site:

1) If your name field mode is only 1 field, does name save too ?

2) if you use joomla login module, does the name transfer correctly into the name field (single in joomla) (column name of jos_users) ?

Waiting for feedback :)

Then will try a fix.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #86370 by beat
yellowdog wrote:

Yes RC4.
To make CB take the name and surname I changed the name style setting in the general tab to single name field.

Oh ok, you posted same time.

Stand by will try to give you a fix to try.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds