using LDAP

15 years 3 months ago #86584 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:using LDAP
yellowdog wrote:

Here I am.

Ok I have the confirm and approve user set to yes.
But even with this done I still need to go into the users profile and save to make Cb take the confirmation.

A I said Friday adding in the extra code to the comprofiler.class.php gives me blank pages.

I just tried using the CB login extensions instead of the working login and when I lick the login or logout button I get a blank page.

I'm here all day solid.

Just to add, using the one name for the registration is fine by me too.
I just need CB to auto confirm everyone.

Thanks, YD

Post edited by: yellowdog, at: 2009/01/26 09:31

Please check the code change you did. The code posted above works fine if inserted correctly.

To help find the error, see our blank page FAQ:
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/58/

You need to use CB login module for the auto-sync and auto-confirm and auto-approval to work with LDAP.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #86588 by yellowdog
Replied by yellowdog on topic Re:using LDAP
Hi there

I actually found that something went a little wrong as I was getting blank pages with anything to do with CB so I copied over the comprofiler.php file from a fresh download. Now things are back to normal.
The code you pasted is to creat the first and last name right.
I don't need that, is it somehting that needs to be done for CB to auto confirm people?
I tried using the cb login mod again instead of the Joomla login mod and when I click on login I get the message that the email or password are incorrect.

One thing I've noticed.
When a user first comes to the site and obviously isn't registered in CB and he inputs his username and password (the username is made up of the first letter of the name and the surname so Mike Smith is msmith) he gets the same message.
But on the refresh the user results as being logged in.
If the user then goes to his profile page he sees the text: This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!

If then from the back end I got to the user management list I see that the user has not been confirmed and his username and name appear as his full name ie mike smith. Could this be the problem?

15 years 3 months ago #86717 by yellowdog
Hi there

Amy word on my last post. I see that 1.2 is now stable. is there any point in my going to 1.2, would it help do you think?

15 years 3 months ago #86724 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:using LDAP
It could well help. Worth a try for sure :)

But as I don't have a LDAP test environment couldn't test.

Tested with the joomla 1.5 core gmail auth plugin and works fine. So guess *should* work with the LDAP one too.

Let us know the results. Still subscribed here and wish this working.

CB 1.2 Stable has a new authentication API as well, which would allow you to write a small plugin to synchronize more fields from LDAP, but more importantly to LDAP too ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #86727 by yellowdog
Ok I'll give it a go.

Thanks

15 years 3 months ago #86745 by yellowdog
Hi Beat

Ok, upgraded to 1.2. Everything went well.
Still hasn't resolved my problem.

I'm looking at the way the ldap lugin is configured because I think its not right.
I'm no ldap expert but it seems that the problem is that the ldap is configured so that it adding the full name of the person instead of the username. Bill Smith instead of bsmith. So although you are able to login to cb is won't accept the user until its confirmed because the username is wrong.
I'm just a little unsure of how to configure the ldap.
Here is a screenshot, if you have any ideas feel free to reply..
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds