using LDAP

15 years 2 months ago #86770 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:using LDAP
yellowdog wrote:

Hi

Is there no way of auto confirming the user?

Never no way, but you would need to develop code for that

So to let me understand, you are saying that if i use the cb login plugin it should validate the user with the standard ldap joomla plugin and then take the ldap user details and place them into the user list in cb?

Yes. :)

Works fine with the gmail core joomla 1.5 authentication plugin :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #87092 by beat
Did you now use CB login module, and does it now work ?

As there is no reply anymore, should i guess it works ? :)

If not, I would need some help to be able to test. E.g. access to a test-site with LDAP settings working perfectly in Joomla but not in CB.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 2 months ago #87119 by yellowdog
Replied by yellowdog on topic Re:using LDAP
hi

Nope i never got it working, even after changing the ldap authentication so that its takes the username exactly as it is entered in the site. My problem is that i need cb to accept users automatically.

15 years 2 months ago #87137 by beat
I really need to be able to test and understand difference with the other authentication modules. As said, don't have an LDAP test-installation here, and don't have time to setup a LDAP server just for this test.

Can someone please provide me with a remotely accessible Joomlma test-installation with LDAP configured and working in Joomla using Joomla login module, but not with using CB login module ? or at least with a remotely accessible LDAP server with a 1 test-user and params ?

Thanks.

(of course use private messaging (click on the icon bottom left of this message to get to my profile for quick-private-messaging) for private info, but also reply in here so that others don't spend time doing same).

15 years 1 month ago #91649 by eeDragon
Replied by eeDragon on topic Re:using LDAP
I have debugged this issue until I got to a suspected cause. I am using Joomla 1.5.9 and CB 1.2 with the LDAP plugins by Sam Moffatt.

The call stack on login looks like:
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php.moscomprofilerUser->_loadBy_field : lineno 768
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php.moscomprofilerUser->loadByUsername : lineno 725
components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php.login : lineno 1611
components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php.require_once : lineno 132
libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php.JComponentHelper->renderComponent : lineno 162
includes/application.php.JSite->dispatch : lineno 124
index.php.{main} : lineno 68

On line 764 of cb.tables.php we set an SQL query which looks like:
$query = SELECT * FROM #__users AS u LEFT JOIN #__comprofiler AS c ON c.id = u.id WHERE
u.`username` = 'dragon' LIMIT 1

When I get $arr back from loadAssoc() on line 766, it has the "id" field as <Uninitialized>.

Further up the stack in comProfiler.php I try to use this data in a $row->store() call to synchronize the comprofiler table with confirmed and approved set. Unfortunately, since the "id" is the table key, the store() fails.
By the way, if I run the same SQL query in phpMyAdmin, I get the same data back, but the "id" is correctly set.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Any Ideas?

Post edited by: eeDragon, at: 2009/03/13 21:50

Post edited by: eeDragon, at: 2009/03/17 02:01

15 years 1 month ago #92105 by beat
Follow-up thread for CB 1.2 Stable with suggested fix from eeDragon (many thanks):

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,77/id,92093/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds