OpenID with CB

14 years 4 months ago #121685 by grindhouse
Replied by grindhouse on topic Re:OpenID with CB
Here is a quick BUMP!

Ok so I'm wondering how to do this the same way all of you are describing! its so painful! I wonder if anyone has found a way and could let me know?!

What I have just thought:

Access levels come into play.. here is some ideas..

first time someone visits your site they see very basic teaser info that is only shown to pubic access.. on this includes a sign in with openid section.. or google friend connect even, when they sign in (please correct me if I'm wrong) they are now by-passing the registration so not actually a registered user but they DO have registered user access? good.. so now they are re-directed to a page that says "would you like to register on the site? at the moment you are classed as an authenticated visitor and have access viewing our pages in full and the ability to comment.. if you register you will be able to create a profile, start a blog, upload content etc.."

I know that sounds bit rushed but I think you get the idea.. and the register form will be below or something.. once they register they will be given 'author' access or whatever is the next level up and you set the rights as you would.. then you can allow them to see the jconnector so they can also sync their facebook maybe.. as this requires users to be logged in before it syncs..

hopefully that would work.. or been done before.. its a shame ulti rpx is so complicated! if it was downloadable and you didnt have to do settings on their site all be good!

PLEASE RESPOND CB TEAM!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #121689 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:OpenID with CB
grindhouse wrote:

Here is a quick BUMP!

Congrats!

I have never up to now seen a first post of someone being a BUMP!

:(

14 years 4 months ago #121692 by grindhouse
Replied by grindhouse on topic Re:OpenID with CB
why the sad face?:unsure:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds