Same Issue - This profile does not exist ...

15 years 2 months ago #89926 by battitude
Brand new fresh install of Joomla 1.5.9 and CB 1.2 Stable
--
Happens to admin account, as well as any new user that is created. Followed the Readme-New-Install.txt as well as the PDF file online, have tried turning on and off SEF and mod_rewrite, tried with and without .htaccess files. Have scoured the internet and can see this problem used to exist and mainly when users had a - in there username. But this is happening to the user "admin" as well as a test user "test”. I am at a total loss, it does not help that this is my first experience with Joomla and as that being said my first crack at using CB. I get a message "This profile does not exist or is no longer available"
As seen on new registration on first login as specified by the "URL for first login visit" setting in the admin settings of CB.

I am all ears if you think you can figure out a solution with me. Since my initial install of cb I have added PHPBB, PHPGedView, and Gallery2, along with bridges that get passed through the index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login
All the bridges work fine, and all functionality of CB seems to be working except for the view profile.

note: that this was happening when just Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.2 were the only items installed.

Users are able to edit profiles and the changes are showing up on the admin back end. So I am not sure what I can do to fix this issue/glitch, I have installed and reinstalled multiple time.

PHP Version 5.2.6
Attached is my php.ini , .htaccess , and php5-custom-ini.cgi file. (located in attached file settings.txt)

Any assistance would be appreciated, Thank You in advanced.

Stewart

Attachment settings-7a6448f1fcbdddb85fcb8fbe2707d523.txt not found

Post edited by: battitude, at: 2009/02/26 07:50
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #90006 by krileon
Do you have a link to CB? You need to have a link to CB profiles as this link is required. Where is this happening? What link, from where/what? Need more details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #90036 by battitude
Replied by battitude on topic Re:Same Issue - This profile does not exist ...
My links for CB are as follows,

In the User Menu :
Profile --> index.php?option=com_comprofiler

Edit Profile --> index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userdetails

User List --> index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist

The 3 Links are set as Public and are Published
---
This happens upon login as the first login page is set to index.php?option=com_comprofiler

This also happens from the User Menu Profile link, as well as when you click on any of the names in the userlist. The users show up, online status displays, but users are unable to see profiles, just end up with message "This profile does not exist or is no longer available "

I have run the Synchronize Users no errors show up I simpley get the message "Joomla/Mambo User Table and Joomla/Mambo Community Builder User Table now in sync!"

So the basics are I have installed Joomla 1.5.9 and Community Builder 1.2 Stable as instructed by the readme files, but after install I have never been able to view any profiles, I simply get and all users get the message "This profile does not exist or is no longer available " when trying to view their profile or anyone elses. But users are able to edit their profiles. All other features for CB are working fine, and no errors have been reported in Joomla or in CB.

15 years 2 months ago #90121 by krileon
Disable all SEF and remove all link rewrites. Then see if profiles will function.

If possible create a fresh joomla install with a fresh cb 1.2 install. Make no modifications. Just install them and give it a try.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #90138 by battitude
Thats what I did, no rewrites, no SEFs, no mods, fresh install.. and the issue still exists.

15 years 2 months ago #90157 by battitude
I have gone ahead and started over from scrath, and I still have this issue. I recorded the process (edited it down to 18min). showing the install process. I am not exactly sure what the rules are on outside links so I will keep the video file to myself until someone would like to look at it to see if they can see what the problem is. But I do not see how I would of made a mistake.

I downloaded files, uploaded files, edited .htaccess file to give me access to my php.ini, edited php.ini to comply with install, installed joomla, installed Community Builder, registered test user, verified user, logged in, same message
"This profile does not exist or is no longer available "

Let me know if you want me to post the video somewhere for review. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Stewart

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn