Invoice field at registration or subscription

14 years 11 months ago #99682 by bllogin

will your customer be paying for their subscription?

CBSubs does not distinguish you customers from your customers customers.

Yeah, they will. It is actually a subs system for life coaches. Their subscription will give them access to the ecoaching system as a coach. They have to take subscriptions for their coachees for the coachees to get access to the ecoaching system.

Coaches pay a registration fee and a yearly subscription fee. The coach pays a first year fee and a lower yearly fee after the first year for coachees. Coachee subscriptions are children of the coach subscriptions. There can be multiple coachees for one coach.

I would not mind the invoicing system. If that would work in a minimalistic way so it would support my offline invoicing system. Sofar I have not been able to disable that with your instructions without receiving errors like "unauthorized action" and "no login for basket" errors.

The payment function I would love to do with an SQL insert at the end of the subscription phase.

As an alternative I could use an offline payment plan that eliminates all the invoicing and payment functionality. Much like the sandbox testing payment plan but without the creditcard payment selection.

Jos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99726 by beat
bllogin wrote:

Sofar I have not been able to disable that with your instructions without receiving errors like "unauthorized action" and "no login for basket" errors.
Jos

Thanks for confirming, tagged the "no invoice" mode for re-testing

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #99745 by bllogin
Any outlook then as to when you would have this tested and possibly corrected?

Jos

14 years 11 months ago #100028 by beat
bllogin wrote:

I will use the CB Subs system for my customers to register and pick a subscription that will allow them to add other subscriptions for their customers.

This will give them and their customers access to another system on another server.

Since there is no Ideal integration (only Paypal and Autorize.net and a local Swiss credit card system), I have to use offline payments.

The whole process behind offline payments is much better handled by my accountingsoftware where i can send a special payment form (called Acceptgiro) with the invoice. For me this is much easier then using the invoicing and payment process that has been tied to the offline subscription processing in CB Subs.

Therefore, ideally, I would use CB Subs without invoicing and payment processing: giving access to subscribers immediately and without them being reminded to pay for unpaid subscriptions. For this I would need CB Subs to:

1. Not go through the invoicing process. Just registration and subscription plan selection at registration.
2. Not having to go through the payment process. This would require the subscription to be set to "paid" immediately after subscription selection. This would kill all the payment reminders. Hence my request for an SQL to set the subscription to "Paid".

The current offline payment process does not support this or I must have overlooked it.

If you have any advise, then I would very much appreciate that.

Jos

So if I understand right, you would wish to activate subscriptions immediately upon subscription without waiting for payment completed ?

That happens if you set subscription price to 0.

However, you can override the text display of price of the plan to whatever text you wish.

You can then redirect users to your accounting software at first login.

Not sure if I understood right but the above should work, and give access immediately upon subscription.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #100060 by bllogin
Hmm... I will give that a try. I'll get back to you.

14 years 11 months ago #100127 by bllogin
1. Subscription DOES activate without going through the payment process when the price is set to zero. The problem is that it tells the customer that the subscription is for free and that it can be upgraded for free. That is of course not what I want. I just want the system to accept the subscription without going through the invoicing and payment process. A simple flag at plan creation time should accomplish this. That way I can keep my pricing system in place for the subscriptions.
2. There is no need for me to redirect my customers to my accounting software. I will handle invoicing and payment completely separate from the subscription system. In any case the invoice produced by the subs system is not tax legal here in The Netherlands and cannot be used by us. Invoicenumbers must be consecutive within one tax year for example and CB Subs only supports a complex randomized number.

For me the best solution would be to bypass invoicing and payment completely as we can only use the offline payment system in CB Subs. Within the current offline payment system in CB Subs we run into problems with an illegal format for the invoice and the mandatory use of the offline payment system.

I would appreciate if you could find a way to bypass mandatory invoicing and payment. Isn't there a way this can be done with an SQL insertion just after subscription selection?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.997 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn