Invoice field at registration or subscription

14 years 11 months ago #99632 by bllogin
I ddid read that section in the manual. Actually I have been experimenting with the invoicing and payment cycle all day today. I seem not to be able to get what I want.

What I want is simple:

I want a newly registered user to get a subscription and bypass the invoicing and payment cycle completely. I will send the invoices from my accounting software and will register the payments there.

What happens if I remove all payment options all together? So no paypal, offline or any other payment option?

In any case I assume I have to mark the subscriptions as paid. I have already entered a question in the SQL subforum to see if this can be handled from the SQL plugin.

So summarizeing: no invoicing, no payment cycle, mark as paid automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99634 by nant
bllogin wrote:

I ddid read that section in the manual. Actually I have been experimenting with the invoicing and payment cycle all day today. I seem not to be able to get what I want.

What I want is simple:

I want a newly registered user to get a subscription and bypass the invoicing and payment cycle completely. I will send the invoices from my accounting software and will register the payments there.

What happens if I remove all payment options all together? So no paypal, offline or any other payment option?

In any case I assume I have to mark the subscriptions as paid. I have already entered a question in the SQL subforum to see if this can be handled from the SQL plugin.

So summarizeing: no invoicing, no payment cycle, mark as paid automatically.

You can also give a subscription from backend CB User Management and thus bypass everything.

14 years 11 months ago #99647 by bllogin
That would defeat the purpose of the system wouldn't it? I could use my accounting software for that...

Any suggestion as to how I can make CB Subs do what I want?

Post edited by: bllogin, at: 2009/05/23 02:04

14 years 11 months ago #99671 by nant
bllogin wrote:

That would defeat the purpose of the system wouldn't it? I could use my accounting software for that...

Any suggestion as to how I can make CB Subs do what I want?

Post edited by: bllogin, at: 2009/05/23 02:04

Really not clear what you want.

You want a registration form that automatically assigns people to requested plans without going through payment process?

Isn't this defeating the purpose of the system?

14 years 11 months ago #99672 by bllogin
I will use the CB Subs system for my customers to register and pick a subscription that will allow them to add other subscriptions for their customers.

This will give them and their customers access to another system on another server.

Since there is no Ideal integration (only Paypal and Autorize.net and a local Swiss credit card system), I have to use offline payments.

The whole process behind offline payments is much better handled by my accountingsoftware where i can send a special payment form (called Acceptgiro) with the invoice. For me this is much easier then using the invoicing and payment process that has been tied to the offline subscription processing in CB Subs.

Therefore, ideally, I would use CB Subs without invoicing and payment processing: giving access to subscribers immediately and without them being reminded to pay for unpaid subscriptions. For this I would need CB Subs to:

1. Not go through the invoicing process. Just registration and subscription plan selection at registration.
2. Not having to go through the payment process. This would require the subscription to be set to "paid" immediately after subscription selection. This would kill all the payment reminders. Hence my request for an SQL to set the subscription to "Paid".

The current offline payment process does not support this or I must have overlooked it.

If you have any advise, then I would very much appreciate that.

Jos

14 years 11 months ago #99678 by nant
bllogin wrote:

I will use the CB Subs system for my customers to register and pick a subscription that will allow them to add other subscriptions for their customers.

will your customer be paying for their subscription?

CBSubs does not distinguish you customers from your customers customers.

This will give them and their customers access to another system on another server.

Since there is no Ideal integration (only Paypal and Autorize.net and a local Swiss credit card system), I have to use offline payments.

The whole process behind offline payments is much better handled by my accountingsoftware where i can send a special payment form (called Acceptgiro) with the invoice. For me this is much easier then using the invoicing and payment process that has been tied to the offline subscription processing in CB Subs.

Therefore, ideally, I would use CB Subs without invoicing and payment processing: giving access to subscribers immediately and without them being reminded to pay for unpaid subscriptions. For this I would need CB Subs to:

1. Not go through the invoicing process. Just registration and subscription plan selection at registration.
2. Not having to go through the payment process. This would require the subscription to be set to "paid" immediately after subscription selection. This would kill all the payment reminders. Hence my request for an SQL to set the subscription to "Paid".

The current offline payment process does not support this or I must have overlooked it.

If you have any advise, then I would very much appreciate that.

Jos[/quote]

At first glance I can say that CBSubs was never designed to do this - will give it more thought though.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn