[SOLVED] Permissions quandry

13 years 5 months ago #145835 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Permissions quandry
You have the params field on a tab that is not published; this is NOT permitted. It must be on a public and published tab. If you do not want the params to show you must configure this in CBs configuration or move the tab to a not shown on profile position. I've fixed this for you and saving a user is now working.

Have reviewed your installation and it is out of date (this isn't your issue, but you should update). Latest releases as follows.

Community Builder
Yours: 1.2.2
Current: 1.2.3

Joomla
Yours: 1.5.20
Current: 1.5.22

As per my previous post you have yet to perform these actions.

I am now able to successfully assign a user a subscription and/or edit the user from backend. The subscription column displays plan alias so if a plan does not have an alias it won't show. You had 1 plan which did not and I have fixed this for you.

Please now confirm your issue is resolved or not, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145843 by dibaggio
Replied by dibaggio on topic Re:Permissions quandry
thank you. updating joomla and cb now and will let you know. Appreciate your help.

13 years 5 months ago #145925 by krileon
dibaggio wrote:

thank you. updating joomla and cb now and will let you know. Appreciate your help.

Please do let us know how it went! As stated in my earlier post I had resolved your issue, but should still always try to stay up to date. Please confirm your issue is resolved or not.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/10 15:48

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145931 by dibaggio
Thank you for the great support.

Joomla is updated. First time for me to update CB and want to be sure its done right. Hoping to get it done today and do a complete testing. Must wrap within a couple of days so I will be sure to follow up - please leave open. Again, truly appreciate the support.

13 years 5 months ago #146891 by dibaggio
I am still struggling with an issue here.

Under the menu item "Directory", I am able to view the 'free' members (NCR Businesses List) details just fine now but I am still unable to edit these users when logged in through the front end. Paid members (Business Members) I can edit just fine.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

Post edited by: dibaggio, at: 2010/11/23 20:57

13 years 5 months ago #146943 by krileon

but I am still unable to edit these users when logged in through the front end.

What happens when attempting to edit ones self? You've likely protected too many tabs and/or fields with CBSubs preventing editing of ones profile if Free. Please review your CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection setup closely.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds