All the email settings- a little confusing

11 years 2 months ago #219357 by nbora
I am a little confused about all the email settings. There appear to be 3 different sets of email settings. One in CB registration tab, one in CB Subs-Presentations Tab and one in Email Integrations Tab.

Not really sure which one to use. Should I use all three? Does one set of emails take precedence over the others? If i use email integrations, do the other emails go out?

I am using the CB Subs- Plan presentation tab because I want emails to go to the user when they register for a subscription with pending payment, when their account is activated and for renewals. I have myself cc'ed on all emails but does not seem to be working correctly as I have members renewing and creating subscriptions but I am not getting the emails.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #219399 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic All the email settings- a little confusing
CB > Configuration > Registration emails are for registration Pending/Welcome, these are basically independent of CBSubs.

The emails within CBSubs > Presentation and CBSubs > Integrations > Email are basically the same except the integration lets you specify custom To address and a few other details so which you use is entirely up to you and your needs. The CBSubs emails send based off plan activity such as if the subscription to said plan becomes active then email XYZ.

Pending emails only work with gateways that have pending states. For example an Offline payment. PayPal for example won't really benefit from a Pending email and best to use on first activation email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn